Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

19 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I still can't believe the pressure Feige put on his shoulders.

Having 3B investments on your shoulders 24/7 must be excrutiating.

In comparison to how it was when they took out that $500m credit line and mortgaged their property to build their own movie studio it's probably sweet sweet dreams.

• Like 5

On 7/18/2016 at 9:43 AM, Ethan Hunt said:

Well I think part of the problem is that I have been really into these movies (AoU, TWS, IM3) and I do like thses characters but here they are just so vastly less interesting than they have been in the past.

One of my biggest problems with it is I feel like it favors Steve over Tony. Tony was wrong about Steve's intentions the whole time, he acts like an idot at the end and Steve gets the “bigger man” moments by A. Not killing Tony and B. Writing the apology letter

Well there are several things that make that work for me:

1-It's a Capt America movie

2-Steve has always been a more likable, more logical, less prone to rash decisions type of person anyway so that characterization makes sense.

3-Even though Tony is technically wrong, it's very understandable that he would react the way he does.   I would probably do the same thing.

4-Even given all that, there are still people who think Tony is right and Steve is wrong.   There was quite a lot of debate about it on this board.

On 8/8/2016 at 9:11 AM, langer said:

I wonder if DC will ever release a movie that will not pass 250M$ DOM... 

It's a lot easier when you cram Batman into almost every movie.   When you don't, the answer is "yes"

Green-Lantern-2011-poster.jpg

On 8/14/2016 at 11:16 PM, excel1 said:

Nolan, Bale, Eckhart, Oldman, and Zimmer all deserved nominations too.

one of the most commercially and culturally successful films ever bar none, beyond any other film this millenium

TDK is the best part of the whole "critics don't like DC" theory.    Critics loved it...so DC fans of course cite critics as proof of how great TDK was.   But wait!...others in the film industry were "wrong" because they didn't think TDK was among the top 5 movies that year.   DC fans of course had no problem with the Academy not nominating Avengers for BP. ;) 

Now of course critics have transformed into being "wrong" along with the Academy.   It's a very fluid thing and by an amazing coincidence just happens to coincide with how critics feel about DC movies.   :D 

On 8/18/2016 at 7:21 AM, dashrendar44 said:

I thought "modern cable TV" was hailed as brilliant nowadays. How can people still use that hackneyed argument that MCU movie sucks because it looks like modern cable TV?

Don't people suck modern cable TV's and Netflix's dick raving about GOT, House Of Cards, True Detective, Stranger Things and so on like the best things since sliced bread, do they? Because they "look cinematic" on a superficial level?

Then what's wrong anymore to emulate a long-winded serial structure in movies? Things that were done back in the forties anyway.

Marvel doing things no other studio has done is going to force people to search for a way to describe it.   I'm glad they are different personally and wouldn't want them to become conventional and "normal" for theatrical movies.   It's likely to hold down box office a little as people feel slightly lost over time unless they see every Marvel movie, but I think it's worth it to have that overall narrative going that enriches the story for people who do see all the movies.   Civil War worked amazingly well for everyone who has seen the entire MCU because we know Steve and Tony so well.    That's why all the geek reviewers were so blown away.   For the GA though, it may have seemed less impactful.    I hope Marvel sticks to their plan since the movies are still doing really well at the BO.    It's not easy being different.   Much easier to join the pack and be conventional.

• Like 6

On 8/14/2016 at 8:35 PM, CJohn said:

But why? Why do you guys keep doing this? This forum is a fucking cancer right now.

Peace will only come to the forums once the comic book genre dies down. Only at this time the war that plagues this forum will finally come to end when Marvel and DC both collapse. 

Why are people mad that this thread is pinned? It's a fantastic idea. That way there is no excuse for the unnecessary arguing, bitching and poisoning of the well that goes on over DC and Marvel in every other thread on this forum. That became extremely annoying. When you're just looking to discuss numbers or a film in general and there's dozens of pages just spewing the same shit over and over and over again over this nonsense, it became quite annoying. 

I understand it's a discussion worth having for some and even I've partaken in it before but it gets tiresome after a while to see it in almost every numbers thread regardless of what films are out. 

Now the thread is pinned so people can see it and have their arguments/discussions and leave the other threads alone. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

I'm just here to put my voice together with the ones who complained about the Tracking thread being unpinned. I love that thread.

Oh and my most anticipated superhero movie for next year is shaping up to be Wolverine.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Suicide Fraud is already dying at the box office!

It's already almost to BvS multiplier though. sure it's front loaded, but regardless of what you think of the movie, it is a slam dunk for WB box office wise.

I have very little interest in the wolverine next year. I think they should have recast after DoFP, given the new guy a cameo in apocalypse and then continued from there. Hugh Jackman is good in a way but ultimately his wolverine is a pretty nice guy who scowls and growls a bit. They need to recast to actually make the character angry and mean IMO

• Like 1

I usually look forward to all the superhero movies, but there's always one that I'm so crazy excited for and can't hold back my excitement.  In 2016, it was Suicide Squad.  2015 was Ant Man.  2014 was Guardians.  2013 was IM3.

For this year, it's shaping up to be SM: Homecoming, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Wonder Woman, Lego Batman, or GOTG 2 be that film. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

I have very little interest in the wolverine next year. I think they should have recast after DoFP, given the new guy a cameo in apocalypse and then continued from there. Hugh Jackman is good in a way but ultimately his wolverine is a pretty nice guy who scowls and growls a bit. They need to recast to actually make the character angry and mean IMO

They're not recasting him.  Ever.  If they do, there will be massive backlash.  He IS the Wolverine.  

Edit: 2000th post :) 

Edited by ThatOneMechanic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

They're not recasting him.  Ever.  If they do, there will be massive backlash.  He IS the Wolverine.  

Edit: 2000th post :) 

Didn't you here? Wolverine 3 is his last movie. they will have to recast, the character is way too popular to not use.

• Like 1