Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

36 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

and you're stuck with brie larson

I wish I was stuck to Brie Larson.  I'd ask Hollywood to make a sequel of Stuck on You with Brie and me In the lead role. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Oh, FYI: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-planning-8-hour-livestream-event-in-september

DC Live Streaming event for 8 hours on September 2nd. RUMORS say they could be announcing some big news (maybe a director for MOS2?/GLCorp?, another DC Film coming?)

An apology for them completely letting down comic book fans around the world?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

All the comic films get well over 200 reviews so no your wrong

umm...you're

:P

sorry, I figured something like that fits this thread so I went with it  lol

So, if SS does 700 M WW, that is more than MOST MCU movies and that is WITHOUT China. Slam dunk for WB.

On another note, WB just stole Doug Liman from Marvel to direct Justice League Dark! YES!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni60182115?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2540377602&pf_rd_r=14D70WBAB8FH63HMYR1S&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp1

• Like 3

18 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

I feel bad for DCCU fans knowing they'll always get giants heaps of shit for their films. 

I wouldn't say "always".   At some point, low box office will convince them they need to change what they are doing....

16 hours ago, Kalo said:

It's already almost to BvS multiplier though. sure it's front loaded, but regardless of what you think of the movie, it is a slam dunk for WB box office wise.

....Well crap.   I guess it won't be any time soon. ;) 

Seriously DC fans...take a cue from us Spider-Man fans and stop buying tickets to this stuff.   That's the only way to get their attention.  (Unless they are as stubborn as Fox)

16 hours ago, IMojammer said:

I have very little interest in the wolverine next year. I think they should have recast after DoFP, given the new guy a cameo in apocalypse and then continued from there. Hugh Jackman is good in a way but ultimately his wolverine is a pretty nice guy who scowls and growls a bit. They need to recast to actually make the character angry and mean IMO

"Very little interest" would be a step up for me.   I'm hovering right at zero interest.   A recast might just get me interested again.

15 hours ago, Kalo said:

Didn't you here? Wolverine 3 is his last movie. they will have to recast, the character is way too popular to not use.

He's almost as popular as Ant-Man.   Not quite "almost", but he's not lagging too far behind.  

....in popularity....

....to freaking Ant-Man.    

That's what Fox has done with the character of Wolverine.   One of the most iconic characters in comics history.  Nice job Fox. 

4 minutes ago, lupinw45 said:

So, if SS does 700 M WW, that is more than MOST MCU movies and that is WITHOUT China. Slam dunk for WB.

On another note, WB just stole Doug Liman from Marvel to direct Justice League Dark! YES!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni60182115?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2540377602&pf_rd_r=14D70WBAB8FH63HMYR1S&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp1

Is that good or bad?    If he's a Marvel director....doesn't that mean he makes bad movies according to DC fans?   :D    (I love how this works)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lupinw45 said:

Aka another director thats gonna be forced to say "we made this movie for the fans" when it gets critically panned 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

He's almost as popular as Ant-Man.   Not quite "almost", but he's not lagging too far behind.  

....in popularity....

....to freaking Ant-Man.    

That's what Fox has done with the character of Wolverine.   One of the most iconic characters in comics history.  Nice job Fox. 

Even killed him, and replaced him with a more interesting version of the character.

10 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Is that good or bad?    If he's a Marvel director....doesn't that mean he makes bad movies according to DC fans?   :D    (I love how this works)

Yea but this is a FOX marvel director. 

40 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I wouldn't say "always".   At some point, low box office will convince them they need to change what they are doing....

....Well crap.   I guess it won't be any time soon. ;) 

Seriously DC fans...take a cue from us Spider-Man fans and stop buying tickets to this stuff.   That's the only way to get their attention.  (Unless they are as stubborn as Fox)

"Very little interest" would be a step up for me.   I'm hovering right at zero interest.   A recast might just get me interested again.

....in popularity....

....to freaking Ant-Man.    

DC Fans? You better tell the 90% of the general audience who also bought the tickets. ;)

SLAM DUNK!

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Yea but this is a FOX marvel director. 

I am amazed that Fox announced and made a big deal about Liman directing Gambit without having him under contract to do so. He could not have just walked if they had.Always get it in writing;verbal agreements are not worth the paper they are writing on, to quote Sam Goldwyn. Now Fox will have to scramble to find a director for Gambit if they want to keep the Jan.Start date, and probably end up with somebody not nearly as talented a Liman. Fox blew it on this one.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am amazed that Fox announced and made a big deal about Liman directing Gambit without having him under contract to do so. He could not have just walked if they had.Always get it in writing;verbal agreements are not worth the paper they are writing on, to quote Sam Goldwyn. Now Fox will have to scramble to find a director for Gambit if they want to keep the Jan.Start date, and probably end up with somebody not nearly as talented a Liman. Fox blew it on this one.

His contract was most likely dependent on getting the film ready for pre production and filming in an agreed amount of time. They reportedly don't have a script. They already lost the previous director partially over script issues.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

His contract was most likely dependent on getting the film ready for pre production and filming in an agreed amount of time. They reportedly don't have a script. They already lost the previous director partially over script issues.

Not having a script with a start date staring you in the face with a film that has been in production Hell forever is even more a sign that Fox does not know what it is doing with this film.

It seems like the Movie Gods just do not want Gambit to be made.....

Edited by dudalb