WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

48 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Christmas in November for me. Sitting at a Dunkin Donuts across from the AMC Kips Bay enjoying my extra large hazelnut coffee, waiting for my friends and the 10am Spectre. See you on the other side.

That's going to be me (but at Tim Horton's) on the morning of December the 18th.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

:lol: Essentially post-Shire, pre-Rivendell, though there are some moments there I like (as well as moments elsewhere I don't). 

63021766.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, movieboner said:

The Martian hold is incredible. It's predicted to drop only 19% against two new huge releases. I change my prediction to $230 million.

That's no longer a prediction, it's an extrapolation.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Christmas in November for me. Sitting at a Dunkin Donuts across from the AMC Kips Bay enjoying my extra large hazelnut coffee, waiting for my friends and the 10am Spectre. See you on the other side.

I don't mind going to movies alone, but for big films I've come to realize it really is a lot more fun when you're with friends or family. Don't get that opportunity very much these days, unfortunately.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, movieboner said:

The Martian hold is incredible. It's predicted to drop only 19% against two new huge releases. I change my prediction to $230 million.

I think $220-225 is highly likely, but there's tons of big releases coming in the next weeks. It would be cool to see it pass Bourne Ultimatum as Damon's highest grossing film domestic. 

10 minutes ago, movieboner said:

It's not that incredible, when you consider there's nothing to see right now except Peanuts/Spectre. Two new releases won't remove many of Martian's screens when everything else except BoS and Goosebumps is sub-$5 million. It also has strong WOM and Oscar buzz. All three of those and HT2 to a lesser degree should benefit next weekend from everything underperforming the last two weekends of October. 

19% is extremely impressive, but the lack of compelling October releases certainly helped in the face of Spectre/Peanuts. 

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Same goes for BoS' continued incredible holds in the face of Spectre, and HT2 and Goosebumps' impressive ones with Halloween being over and Peanuts opening. 

Bridge of Spies is a critically-acclaimed Oscar targeting drama, so Spectre/Peanuts were never going to hurt it much at all.

Goosebumps is extremely impressive, though. Should hold great next weekend as well since there's zero major releases and other than Spectre/Peanuts, not much for audiences to go see.

Martian should do $225-230 million, Bridge of Spies should do $80-85 million, while Goosebumps could leg its way to $85-90 million. Spectre and Peanuts should both do $175 million+ DOM. Maybe Nov-Dec will finish strong for 2015. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mahnamahna said:

It's not that incredible, when you consider there's nothing to see right now except Peanuts/Spectre. Two new releases won't remove many of Martian's screens when everything else except BoS and Goosebumps is sub-$5 million. It also has strong WOM and Oscar buzz. All three of those and HT2 to a lesser degree should benefit next weekend from everything underperforming the last two weekends of October. 

19% is extremely impressive, but the lack of compelling October releases certainly helped in the face of Spectre/Peanuts. 

Bridge of Spies is a critically-acclaimed Oscar targeting drama, so Spectre/Peanuts were never going to hurt it much at all.

Goosebumps is extremely impressive, though. Should hold great next weekend as well since there's zero major releases and other than Spectre/Peanuts, not much for audiences to go see.

Martian should do $225-230 million, Bridge of Spies should do $80-85 million, while Goosebumps could leg its way to $85-90 million. Spectre and Peanuts should both do $175 million+ DOM. Maybe Nov-Dec will finish strong for 2015. 

It dropped 19%.  How is that not pretty incredible?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

:lol: Essentially post-Shire, pre-Rivendell, though there are some moments there I like (as well as moments elsewhere I don't). 

Bombadil apologist indeed. The lack of the Barrow Downs probably drops the film a whole letter grade.

• Like 3