WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

Spectre is off to an acceptable start. The hype definitely felt lower than that of Skyfall, so an $80 million opening would be passable. For whatever it's worth, the IMAX audience that I saw it with last night seemed to enjoy it.

30 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm thinking peanuts will do better than expected. I'm at the movie theater right now for specter and there are so many kids with Snoopy toys. It's insane

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Snoopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off a 30m OD Spectre would get around 76m with QoS' weekend holds, and about the same OW as Skyfall with that movie's holds (88m). So 80 sounds like a safe bet. Not bad after the tracking, but I still hold the movie should have easily been trumping Skyfall's OW. Fantastic for Peanuts if it holds. That would be a similar OD to BH6 which opened the same weekend last year and did 56m. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Off a 30m OD Spectre would get around 76m with QoS' weekend holds, and about the same OW as Skyfall with that movie's holds (88m). So 80 sounds like a safe bet. Not bad after the tracking, but I still hold the movie should have easily been trumping Skyfall's OW. Fantastic for Peanuts if it holds. That would be a similar OD to BH6 which opened the same weekend last year and did 56m. 

The difference in Spectre's multipler is it $30m Friday would be with $5.25m of previews whereas Skyfall only counted $2.4m in Friiday and also had the soft Sunday drop for Veteran's day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The difference in Spectre's multipler is it $30m Friday would be with $5.25m of previews whereas Skyfall only counted $2.4m in Friiday and also had the soft Sunday drop for Veteran's day.

Yeah, I in no way expect it to get close to SF's OW with the same OD. That's why I said 80 is probably a safe bet. But could go more QoS and just do high 70's.