Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

Jake Gyllenhall notices an actor in a movie who looks exactly like himself. He tracks this doppelgänger down.Thriller stuff happens. That's all I know. My friend saw it and said...just watch it, not worth spoiling.Same director as Prisoners, which I liked.

That's a good enough description I haven't seen Prisoners. I keep saying I'm gonna watch it.

• Like 2

Believe the hype and go in unprepared like I did ! 

Heck of a movie 

I particularly like that despite having mainstream hollywood actors it doesn't go for the hollywood nonsense ... there is no endless back story, the fights are real, characters are fully formed from the get go, rated R, always keeps you invested and interested. I love asian cinema so I maybe open to this a bit more but I fully stand behind this movie and I think its fuckin great preferences aside. 

9/10 

go see it 

• Like 5

Chris Evans was rather good ... I've seen american actors in asian films before and its mostly not a good mix its like they don't interract well with directors but Evans worked really well here and he has a 5 minute monologue scene in which he really nailed it big time 

There's other stuff I liked but its all plot related so I won't spoil it for you 

I know that this might not sit well with some western audience who are used to character explaining the plot in these kind of films but screw them  :D  Also it was made for 40 mil and it did mega business in South Korea and elsewhere so the total is already at 80 so its kinda in the clear numbers wise 

• Like 6

DEADLINEE: Radius-TWC Promises “Surprising” Launch Against ‘Transformers’ For LA Film Fest Opener ‘Snowpiercer”

By PETE HAMMOND | Thursday June 12, 2014

will open [June 27] in 10 markets and follow up the next week on about 150 screens.

..... the company — an offshoot of The Weinstein Company, which opens most of its films day-and-date with VOD — will not be making it instantly available for home viewing.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3