WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Pixar never failed, no matter how you spin it, the chances of TGD being a bad movie are close to zero :P

Hey Cars 2 happened, so you never know. That being said, I'll probably enjoy it, since I'm a blind fanboy, who actually thought Cars 2 was fine, and the animation should be stunning. 

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Hey Cars 2 happened, so you never know. That being said, I'll probably enjoy it, since I'm a blind fanboy, who actually thought Cars 2 was fine, and the animation should be stunning. 

While Cars 2 was their weakest movie it was not bad in any way, just generic.

• Like 1

This drop just confuses me. Seriously. I don't fully get it. This is one of the weirdest box office stories of the year.

Lionsgate should have done 1 part, not because the "people just don't want to see 2 movies" but also the fact that Hubger Games was a fad. And the fad died out before all the movies had time to come out. People moved on. If MockingJay had been 1 movie than the hype could have carried over to that film. By now, the finale isn't as big a deal.

granted, this is still a huge hit. Lets not forget that.

• Like 5

I was right unfortunately.

The writing was on the wall.

So yeah, 300M dom & 700M ww would be a victory and it will probably miss those milestones anyway.

Fuck Bob Iger, JJ Abrams & Kathleen Keneddy.

Skullfucking menchild's brains should be forbidden by the Geneva Convention.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I was right unfortunately.

The writing was on the wall.

So yeah, 300M dom & 700M ww would be a victory and it will probably miss those milestones anyway.

Fuck Bob Iger, JJ Abrams & Kathleen Keneddy.

Skullfucking menchild's brains should be forbidden by the Geneva Convention.

If menchildren were the only people getting "skullfucked" by SW, I'm not sure if that would be enough to explain the drop here.

• Like 1

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

People (rightfully) saw splitting Mockingjay into two films as a cheap cash-grab and slowly backed off.

people literally could not care less about that. mj1 and mj2 are still trying to be meaningful at least, most unsplit movies that come out every year are much more of a cash grab and either way people don't care anyway. there are other reasons it dropped, namely mj1 and mj2 don't have the insanely intriguing aspect that was the games. the fact that 3 out of every 4 people who watched thg and cf are sticking with mj1 and mj2 is pretty good imo