WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

4 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Anyone think the Paris attacks might have hurt the movie a little? Who wants to see a grim movie about war so quickly after a real attack?

Guys, you're all here trying to find THE reason that could have doomed MJ2 but it's useless given it's a combination of factors (MJ1, SW7, maybe Paris, no games this time..and so on..). That's just more complicated than just one reason.

• Like 1

Sorry if my incessant posting is obnoxious but this brings the memories back of reading a magazine last year where the story was "The Top 30 Most Epic Fandoms Ever". Hunger Games was at #9, below Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, LOTR, and Harry Potter in that order, and right above Pokemon.

When THG gets as old as HP, ASOIAF, and Pokemon are today, would it even make the list?

38 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Guys, you're all here trying to find THE reason that could have doomed MJ2 but it's useless given it's a combination of factors (MJ1, SW7, maybe Paris, no games this time..and so on..). That's just more complicated than just one reason.

Why do you keep saying this? It's not true. Have you seen the trailer?

The Hunger Games was never an action franchise. The first 3 movies all have 4-5 action scenes (each one<1min). It's time to accept this. THG and CF weren't big because of the action, they had an interesting concept and great marketing.

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Potter's run is still the most impressive. 8 films in a little less than 10 years. 

This is one of the few things on Potter we agree on.  There will never be another run like this, ever....not when you look at it the way you put it.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Why do you keep saying this? It's not true. Have you seen the trailer?

The Hunger Games was never an action franchise. The first 3 movies all have 4-5 action scenes (each one<1min). It's time to accept this. THG and CF weren't big because of the action, they had an interesting concept and great marketing.

OK ok, you win Captain ^^"

At least Hunger Games fans aren't experiencing the gloating Marvel fans did back in May.

When AOU disappointed it seemed like half the forums went on the attack.

All the Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Nolan, Transformers, and Middle Earth fans united against Marvel.

It's not easy being king.

Hail, Marvel.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

At least Hunger Games fans aren't experiencing the gloating Marvel fans did back in May.

When AOU disappointed it seemed like half the forums went on the attack.

All the Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Nolan, Transformers, and Middle Earth fans united against Marvel.

It's not easy being king.

Hail, Marvel.

The end of Marvel has already begun.

41 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

And then people say the Games have no effect. :P 

Some say Hp3 goodwill helped keep interest.

However there is no doubt that the Tournament and the more action packed nature really brought out the casual fans in full force. I was in grade 9 at  that time and it was the only time at  school everyone seemed hyped to see a HP film. 

To be honest I know HP fans dont like GOF much, but it likely saved the films from becoming like other  franchises. 

To me I find Hp1 and Hp4 the most accessible films to non Hp fans. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

This is one of the few things on Potter we agree on.  There will never be another run like this, ever....not when you look at it the way you put it.  

It was the most fun I've ever had and probably will have, forum wise.  The nostalgia it brings to me to think of wanting them to do even better then they did, then them being extremely consistent and watching you and Noctis argue brings a tear to my eye.

Edited by RyneOh1040