WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

34 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Tbh, people have clearly moved on even before it ended. In a year nobody will remember this franchise existed.

Nobody even remembers Maze Runner and Divergent exist and those still have movies coming out :lol: At least I will see the end of Maze Runner on the big screen. Can't say the same about Divergent. 

Yep. Happens all the time. 

if JLaw is still relevant in the future I can imagine it being brought up from time to time.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 75live said:

Don't worry, there will be a other Bond movie with or without Craig ;) 

As for MJ2, there is no way that they will let this be under $100 mil, no matter what they have to do to keep it there.  Not saying they will have to do anything but if they do have to , they will 

OEDijHK.jpg

PPZtloG.jpg

• Like 12

Carol is very good. Absolutely gorgeous to look at; the costumes and set design are worth a ticket alone. It evokes an entrancing wintertime melancholy. Blanchett is great. That said, I never fully connected with it. Maybe it's almost too reserved and pristine? It started to hook me emotionally more towards the very end, but it never grabbed me. Hope to see it again soon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Oof. What a weekend. Not only did the openers disappoint, the holdovers did too. Even BoS and Goosebumps had nasty drops. :unsure:

Anyone have any good help hotline numbers for me in case MJ2 goes below 100 in actuals? 

They won't go below 100M.

Just now, John Marston said:

maybe they should have gotten Taylor Swift to write another song for this movie. Might have helped 

This might sound stupid, but I think a good song connected to a movie helps with the buzz/hype. That Taylor Swift song from Catching Fire was EVERYWHERE in 2013. And last year MJ1 marketing seemed to turn around when they decided to use the song Jennifer Lawrence sings in the movie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This might sound stupid, but I think a good song connected to a movie helps with the buzz/hype. That Taylor Swift song from Catching Fire was EVERYWHERE in 2013. And last year MJ1 marketing seemed to turn around when they decided to use the song Jennifer Lawrence sings in the movie. 

Taylor Swift wrong a song for the first one. Not CF. 

Catching Fire's main song was by Coldplay

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Taylor Swift wrong a song for the first one. Not CF. 

Catching Fire's main song was by Coldplay

My mistake. Either way both of those were everywhere. I remember hearing them non-stop. 

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not sure how a Taylor Swift song from Catching Fire was everywhere in 2013 since she didn't do one for the movie. :ph34r:

CF didn't have any remote hit song. Unless you're thinking of Elastic Heart by Sia, however even though that was on the soundtrack for CF, that was not a hit until earlier this year when that weird, creepy ass video with Shia LaBeouf and the little girl was made for it. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not sure how a Taylor Swift song from Catching Fire was everywhere in 2013 since she didn't do one for the movie. :ph34r:

CF didn't have any remote hit song. Unless you're thinking of Elastic Heart by Sia, however even though that was on the soundtrack for CF, that was not a hit until earlier this year when that weird, creepy ass video with Shia LaBeouf and the little girl was made for it. 

It had the one from Coldplay. At least over here that song was very popular.

Yeah, a hit song with a movie honestly helps.  Guardians of the Galaxy utilized songs that had already been a hit, not a direct example but also applies.

The Great Gatsby's music helped it out, as did Safe and Sound for the Hunger Games.  And that Fifty Shades of Grey song could have helped out.

You also have things like Let it Go propelling Frozen, Skyfall helping Skyfall, and so forth.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

Well since this is such a downer of a weekend and we're kinda on the subject of songs, Adele is projected to sell as much as 3 million copies of her album domestically this week. For those who don't follow the industry, that obliterates the opening sales week to dust and is essentially equivalent to a movie having a $300m OW. 

• Like 4