grim22

Weekend #s. MJ2 51.6/75.7M, TGD 39.2/55.6M lowest Pixar opening since Bugs Life, Creed 30/42M biggest OW for a boxing movie

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The closest comparison I'm thinking of is My Week with Marilyn, which also got good but not great reviews and scored two acting nominations and nothing else. Guessing the gross will be almost identical to that ($14M).

The Theory of Everything also had a 40000$ PTA on OW. Also on 4 theaters. I know it scored a best Picture nom but we all knew it wouldn't win, the big noms were also the acting ones. I think their runs will be similar.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Theory of Everything also had a 40000$ PTA on OW. Also on 4 theaters. I know it scored a best Picture nom but we all knew it wouldn't win, the big noms were also the acting ones. I think their runs will be similar.

Redmayne. His power.

FsjAMm0.gif

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Theory of Everything was a Best Picture nominee and was expected to be, whereas The Danish Girl is generally not expected to be nominated for the top prize anymore. There's a big difference.

I want Eddie Redmayne to win all of the awards for Jupiter Ascending. I honestly can't recall the last time I saw a movie where I felt so much embarrassment watching an actor making a complete and utter fool of himself, especially as he was about to win an Oscar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I want Eddie Redmayne to win all of the awards for Jupiter Ascending. I honestly can't recall the last time I saw a movie where I felt so much embarrassment watching an actor making a complete and utter fool of himself, especially as he was about to win an Oscar.

His performance in JA is pure bliss

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

His performance in JA is pure bliss

As bad as he is in it, at least he was the only person in the movie who became somewhat aware that they had obviously signed on for a giant piece of dinosaur shit after the fact and decided to run with it. It's still the worst movie I've seen all year, I refuse to believe that the same people who gave us The Matrix could churn out something so devoid of merit in every possible way except a technical one.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending is the stuff legends are made of. 

22 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Redmayne. His power.

FsjAMm0.gif

tumblr_n32pz0ahjf1rzoznmo3_r1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

As bad as he is in it, at least he was the only person in the movie who became somewhat aware that they had obviously signed on for a giant piece of dinosaur shit after the fact and decided to run with it. It's still the worst movie I've seen all year, I refuse to believe that the same people who gave us The Matrix could churn out something so devoid of merit in every possible way except a technical one.

I have seen far worse, but then again, I saw Taken 3. It was a decision I made and I have to live with it. 

Just now, John Marston said:

how much is Mockingjay making? Is 300m back on the table?

It will be around 30M behind MJ1 at the same point, MJ1 made a further 110M post this weekend. MJ2's weekend numbers have been 15% lower than MJ1, 300M will require it to match MJ1 in gross almost exactly from this point on, going to be very very hard especially with Star Wars in 3 weeks and daily numbers which are trailing MJ1.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's the charitable explanation I've come up with as well. Redmayne is winking at the audience because he knows the movie is so terrible. At least I hope so.

MJ1 MJ2 %
Fri 55,14 45,58 82,66
Sat 40,91 33,84 82,73
Sun 25,85 23,25 89,92
1st weekend 121,90 102,67 84,22
Mon 8,98 8,54 95,12
Tue 12,13 11,36 93,60
Wed 14,62 13,75 94,05
Thu 11,08 10,40 93,86
1st week 168,71 146,71 86,96
Fri 24,20 21,25 87,81

Gross to date 192,91 167,96 87,07
Legs 1,58 1,64 103,38
Final gross* 337,14 293,54 87,07
*if MJ2 holds the last day's %    

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I currently have JA as my third of fourth worst film of the year (definitely ahead of Kingsman and Hot Pursuit, and then maybe ahead of Fantastic Four)