grim22

BOF's Top 25 movies of 2015. Full list on Page 13. The forum is shiny and chrome.

my favourite quote from what we do in the shadows. copy/pasted from the imdb cos I'm lazy af

Deacon: I think we drink virgin blood because it sounds cool.

Vladislav: I think of it like this. If you are going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

What We Do In The Shadows

2QMAgPF.png

gSPoKBX.png

One of my personal favorites from 2015. This movie was just brilliant and continued in the mockumentary tradition of "This is Spinal Tap". A great look at the lives of Vampires in present day New Zealand, it dives into topics we never see in other vampire movies. Definitely recommended that you seek it out in case you haven't seen it yet.

BOF User Review:

Pretty hysterical throughout... Obviously not as good as Spinal Tap. That's one of the greatest of the greats.

A-

-Johnny Gossamer

Never saw this and I don't plan on ever doing it. 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Kingsman seems pretty assured to show up on the top 15.

Ant-Man might show up now thanks to the Marvel loonies. That and Age of Ultron.

I would have no issue with Ant-Man. Michael Pena can narrate its inclusion.

• Like 1

#21 - THIS IS NOT A JOKE or MISDIRECTION 

Spoiler

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

ydjX3dk.png

I8i69oi.png

Since I haven't actually watched the movie, I cannot write anything concrete here. 

BOF User Reviews:

Slow burn but immensely great. This and P1 together are an altogether different beast to CF, while that was more fun and fast paced, this is a slow burn war film, I found this especially poignant and altogether the way they did it makes sense (minus long gap between the two parts), I don’t think a CF type film would be worked for this story, it’s not that type of film at all. Brilliant and fitting end. Temper expectations in terms of epic explosive conclusion because this is a slower and more thoughtful conclusion.
JLaw: fantastic but wasn’t expecting anything but. Hutch was great, Gale is probably my main nitpick, too obvious about his principles, talks a bit too much rhetoric at start, which is an odd characterisation change from P1 . Core supporting cast (Harrelson, Banks, PSH, Malone, Claflin, Sutherland) were a joy to watch, not too sure on Moore though (although one scene early on is fantastic) but we’ll see when I see this again tomorrow night.

Other points:
- trailers featured too many major lines and that took away from their impact in the film, especially with one scene early on.
- Squad 451 cast - underused but damn Henson (Foggy from Daredevil) was a standout, wish there was more Ali.
- Coin (Moore) unintentionally funny? Drew a few chuckles from the audience.
- Credits song and suite are beautiful, bravo JNH and JLaw.
That’s it for now, more tomorrow after rewatch.
8.5/10 CF>MJ2>HG>MJ (CF>MJ1&2 together as one>HG)

-Antovolk

Adored this

10/10!

-Films

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This movie died on my mind during a re-watch. It doesn't hold up at all, IMO, except the legendary 5 minutes that will live forever. Furious 7 showing up here also assures Jurassic World isn't showing up at all so fuck this stupid dumb shit. 

A beloved film like Jurassic World will no doubt show up much higher in the list 

Just now, grim22 said:

Hide contents

ydjX3dk.png

I8i69oi.png

Since I haven't actually watched the movie, I cannot write anything concrete here. 

BOF User Reviews:

Slow burn but immensely great. This and P1 together are an altogether different beast to CF, while that was more fun and fast paced, this is a slow burn war film, I found this especially poignant and altogether the way they did it makes sense (minus long gap between the two parts), I don’t think a CF type film would be worked for this story, it’s not that type of film at all. Brilliant and fitting end. Temper expectations in terms of epic explosive conclusion because this is a slower and more thoughtful conclusion.
JLaw: fantastic but wasn’t expecting anything but. Hutch was great, Gale is probably my main nitpick, too obvious about his principles, talks a bit too much rhetoric at start, which is an odd characterisation change from P1 . Core supporting cast (Harrelson, Banks, PSH, Malone, Claflin, Sutherland) were a joy to watch, not too sure on Moore though (although one scene early on is fantastic) but we’ll see when I see this again tomorrow night.

Other points:
- trailers featured too many major lines and that took away from their impact in the film, especially with one scene early on.
- Squad 451 cast - underused but damn Henson (Foggy from Daredevil) was a standout, wish there was more Ali.

-Antovolk

Adored this

10/10!

-Films

YAYAYAYSYSBYQSFBIDSUBVNIWUGNURNSAGBAORNHMOKTEMQFHAEJJ

1 minute ago, DamienRoc said:

So far we have things on my list and things I haven't seen. I'm okay with this.

yeah there are 2 already that I haven't seen so now maybe I will at some point :)  

After #25 to #21, here are numbers 121 through 156

121 Sleeping with Other People
122 Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
123 The Woman in Gold
124 Unfriended
125 The Night Before
127 Grandma
128 Gabriel
130 Mustang
131 While We're Young
132 The Final Girls
133 The Voices
134 The Last 5 Years
135 Finders Keepers
136 X+Y
137 In the Heart of the Sea
138 The Intern
139 Woman in Gold
140 Black Sea
141 The Danish Girl
142 The Last Witch Hunter
143 Son of Saul
144 The Assassin
145 Minions
146 Youth
147 Cop Car
148 Southpaw
149 Kung Fury
150 Taken 3
151 Hot tub time machine 2
152 Hitman Agent 47
153 Fantastic Four
154 50 Shades of Grey
155 Get Hard
156 Macbeth
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

michael-jordan-laughing.gif?w=560

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

ydjX3dk.png

I8i69oi.png

BOF User Reviews:

Other points:

-Antovolk

Adored this

10/10!

-Films

How the fuck did this shit got in :lol: ?

I guess I am happy because JLaw but if we had to have a JLaw movie in out top it should have been Joy, not this.

• Like 1