Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Agreed there are so many crap movies made now.If up to people mainstream popular movies last year the nomination would have been thisHarry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 2Transformers 3The HelpBridesmaidHugoCaptain AmericaBreaking Dawn

WEll Captain America should of been nominated :P

Anyways I think this year seems like the best year for Oscars. I have a feeling a lot these films could do well the GA.LincolnDjango UnchainedLes MiserablesArgoThe HobbitAnna KareninaLife of PiMost of these should do well at the box office if they are good films.

Anyways I think this year seems like the best year for Oscars. I have a feeling a lot these films could do well the GA.LincolnDjango UnchainedLes MiserablesArgoThe HobbitAnna KareninaLife of PiMost of these should do well at the box office if they are good films.

I agree, Les Mis is practically guaranteed to make lots of money if reviews are good, and Hobbit is a no brainer even though I don't think it'll be nominated. Life of Pi seems like a good bet, the book was highly popular. Django should do well, even though Harvey could blind-side it and as a result it could miss a nomination, and LIncoln should at least do War Horse numbers. Argo I can see being a huge sleeper hit, and the trailer is amazing. Only one that probably won't make money is Anna Karenina. Also, I see Gatsby being nommed right now, the trailer looks amazing, and it's addicting, and it's gonna probably be a pretty big money maker come December.

Gatsby looks like a disaster waiting to happen. That movie has never translated well to the big screen, Luhrman has only hit it off once with the Academy and critics, and the whole idea of a Great Gatsby movie in 2012 just feels outdated.Anyways I do agree this year has oodles more potential than last or several others with the BP noms being more mainstream and profitable. In fact I'd say the only "indie" that has a shot to win this year is The Master. Although that could very well be the one that does.

Gatsby looks like a disaster waiting to happen. That movie has never translated well to the big screen, Luhrman has only hit it off once with the Academy and critics, and the whole idea of a Great Gatsby movie in 2012 just feels outdated.Anyways I do agree this year has oodles more potential than last or several others with the BP noms being more mainstream and profitable. In fact I'd say the only "indie" that has a shot to win this year is The Master. Although that could very well be the one that does.

The Master only really has three things going for it, PTA and the Star Cast, plus Harvey. The subject matter is extremely dark, and it is similar to There Will Be Blood, and No Country, so that could be a detriment, seeing as the Academy has gotten on the award the feel good movie train. However, this year after doing it for the past 3 years out of 4 could be looking for a change. And Gatsby looks to be very good and the trailer totally sold the movie to me 150%, it's typical Baz style, and takes getting used to, but it definitely looks amazing.

I don`t believe in TDKR noms, not with reviews that come with a reservation. Most of them are "best superhero movie ever" but they are not "best movie of the year so far" or bigger praise. So we are still largely within the genre in a race which favors non-genre movies. Especially sincePJ, who is AMPAS`s sci fi/fantasy Stephen Daldrey, also has his already awarded pony once again on the racetrack.