Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Wes Anderson's never received anything more than a screenplay nom but I have a big feeling the Academy is dying to recognize him more significantly. The cast is also the most Academy-friendly he's ever done, besides maybe FMF which was never going to be nominated anyways. MK's not going to win but I'm very very confident it will be nominated.

Wes Anderson's never received anything more than a screenplay nom but I have a big feeling the Academy is dying to recognize him more significantly. The cast is also the most Academy-friendly he's ever done, besides maybe FMF which was never going to be nominated anyways. MK's not going to win but I'm very very confident it will be nominated.

What's to say that MK doesn't win BP if nominated? THL and Crash both won? Both were released in the summer? And, neither made much money. MK will probably gross more money than the two combined, and its critical acclaim seems to be as good or better than Crash and THL.

Saw Moonrise tonight. What a totally delightful film. I honestly think it would have had a real shot at going toe to toe with The Artist during last year's award season. This year will be a far more competitive field though, so I hope it still gets noms come the Oscars.

What's to say that MK doesn't win BP if nominated? THL and Crash both won? Both were released in the summer? And, neither made much money. MK will probably gross more money than the two combined, and its critical acclaim seems to be as good or better than Crash and THL.

I didn't mean to rule it out so strongly, sorry. It's up against stiff competition this year. But sure, it could win, why not. I was just saying that even if a win is unlikely still a nom is very possible or even probable.

Okay....I have to pass :P

Saw it in a full adult audience and everyone was cracking up throughout and burst into applause at the end of the movie (the most audience applause I've heard for a movie in a long time). I really think you might enjoy it, the humor in it is tops.

I'm still am rusty at this but here we go:BraveBeasts of Southern WildThe MasterThe HobbitDjango UnchainedLife of PiLes MiserableSleepers: TDKR, Gangster Squad, Great Gatsby, To Rome With Love, Hyde Park on the Hudson, Zero Dark Thirty, Silver Linings Playbook, Flight. Ruby Sparks, Red Lights

It's too light to win.

Artist was about Old Hollywood and cinema. It was right up the Academy's alley. You bring up Hurt Locker and Crash but they're the polar opposite of Moonrise. Those were heavy films about heavy topics and that's why they made it all the way.As terrific as it may be, Moonrise is simply too fluffy to ever win. Hell, it has a long way to go just to get nominated.

1. The Master2. Lincoln3. Beasts of the Southern Wild4. Les Miserables5. Django Unchained6. Moonrise Kingdom7. Anna Karenina------------------------8. To the Wonder9. The Dark Knight Rises10. Argo

Well, it looks like Brave is out. Revised predicts:Anna KareninaThe AvengersBeasts of the Southern WildThe Dark Knight RisesDjango UnchainedThe HobbitLes MiserablesLincolnThe MasterZero Dark ThirtyI think there's a chance Avengers could fill the "commercial" void left by Brave.

Edited by tribefan695