Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Argo vs Lincoln. It's a two horse race, ZDT isn't as loved as those two, plus Bigelow recently won. Les Mis and Pi should be lucky to be nominated, both trash. Silver Linings can spoil in a few categories, but it's not in the BP race. Any way I look at it, it's Lincoln vs Argo.

Life of Pi trash? Oh wow.
  • Like 3

Final predicts:ArgoLincolnZero Dark ThirtySilver Linings PlaybookLife Of PiLes MiserablesDjango UnchainedMoonrise KingdomSkyfallPOSSIBLE: The Dark Knight Rises (I'm still a believer)POSSIBLE: The ImpossiblePOSSIBLE: The MasterPOSSIBLE: The Best Exotic Marigold HotelPOSSIBLE: Anna Karenina

Just for the record everyone, I fully expect Skyfall to get a nomination for Best British Film at the BAFTAs, but I will still think there is close to zero chance of a BP nom.

I think that Lincoln, ZDT, and Argo stand a good chance of missing BP at the BAFTAs because they're all too American. Spielberg and Bigelow both should still get directing noms. I think that Skyfall and Les Mis (if they go for it as a British Film) will get double nods. Predicting Amour for BP as well. It's a type of film that BAFTA would go for.

Just for the record everyone, I fully expect Skyfall to get a nomination for Best British Film at the BAFTAs, but I will still think there is close to zero chance of a BP nom.

I don't see why it couldn't take BP. I wouldn't think that another indie film would come and surprise us.

I thought the nominating committee were able to see ZDT but not Django.

Django screeners came right before the deadline or slightly afterwards depending on the SAG member so not everyone saw it. ZDT had arrived to all members at least 5 days before deadline, which I think is plenty to view such a highly buzzed and high profile film.

Django screeners came right before the deadline or slightly afterwards depending on the SAG member so not everyone saw it. ZDT had arrived to all members at least 5 days before deadline, which I think is plenty to view such a highly buzzed and high profile film.

Oh. Were people claiming that ZDT wasn't out in time just looking for an excuse?