I say:

Some political film

Some historical film

Some film nobody saw but critics think it great for some strange reason

Some movie that has romantic themes

A movie people actually heard of

Posted Image

Well....

Most likely my final predictions:ArgoDjangoFlightLes MiserbelesLife of PiLincolnSilver Linings PlaybookZero Dark ThrityI think Beasts/Moonrise could make it in if there are 10. Or Hotel as well which I did have there as well.

I am going with:Locks:ArgoLincolnSLPZDTDjangoLes MiserablesAnd, if more than six make it in, in this order here are my predicts7. Skyfall8. LoP9. Beasts10. MoonriseI think we will get 7 nominees and LoP will miss and Skyfall will cause an upset. But, maybe we will get 8. Either way, if we get more than 6 nominees, I am predicting for Skyfall to get in.

I wonder if by this afternoon they knew that they were going to have SF as a BP nominee, and that's why they announced that they're doing a Bond tribute. It'd be kinda awkward if they did the tribute by SF wasn't nommed in BP.

I wonder if by this afternoon they knew that they were going to have SF as a BP nominee, and that's why they announced that they're doing a Bond tribute. It'd be kinda awkward if they did the tribute by SF wasn't nommed in BP.

The AMPAS leadership won't know the nominees until next week. Price Waterhouse waits until the last minute. Theoretically, they may not know the nominees for certain until they're announced live. Edited by 4815162342

The AMPAS leadership won't know the nominees until next week. Price Waterhouse waits until the last minute. Theoretically, they may not know the nominees for certain until they're announced live.

True... Sherak knew by the Monday ( I think that's what he mentioned in an interview) before nominations last year where they drew movies out of a hat to determine the order in which to announce the nominees. That theory was kinda grabbing at straws anyways. :lol: They must be feeling good about a SF nom though if they're doing a tribute, IMO.

EW's Oscar predicts as posted on ADF. I'm not sure who wrote the article in the issue, so I can't be sure how extensively they talk to insiders and how much stock to take in this. But, I do like the look of some of these nominees.

Actor:Cooper - Day-Lewis - Hawkes - Jackman - WashingtonFor Your Consideration: Jack BlackActress:Chastain - Cotillard - Lawrence - Riva - WattsFor Your Consideration: Quvenzhane WallisSupp. Actor:Arkin - De Niro - Hoffman - Jones - WaltzFor Your Consideration: Javier BardemSupp. Actress:Adams - Field - Hathaway - Hunt - SmithFor Your Consideration: Nicole KidmanDirector:Affleck - Bigelow - Hooper - Lee - SpielbergFor Your Consideration: Paul Thomas Anderson / Michael HanekeOriginal Screenplay:Amour - Django Unchained - Looper - Moonrise Kingdom - Zero Dark ThirtyFor Your Consideration: FlightAdapted Screenplay:Argo - Beasts of the Southern Wild - Lincoln - Perks of Being a Wallflower - Silver Linings PlaybookFor Your Consideration: Life of PiPicture:They have a picture that seems to suggest: Amour - Argo - Les Miserables - Life of Pi - Lincoln - Silver Linings - Zero Dark ThirtyThe article says they expect there to be 10 nominees, and adds Moonrise Kingdom, Beasts of the Southern Wild and Best Exotic Marigold Hotel to that list.For Your Consideration: Django Unchained / The Dark Knight Rises / Skyfall

I'm slightly surprised that they aren't predicting Django for BP and no DiCaprio. :kane: :kane: And FYC looks more like next in line as well, cus no one would think that Flight had a FYC worthy screenplay. That was a mess. Edited by riczhang

Kargar's Predicts:

Actor: Day-Lewis - Jackman - Hawkes - Washington - CooperActress:Lawrence - Chastain - Watts - Cotillard - Mirren Supp. Actor:Jones - Hoffman - De Niro - Arkin - Bardem Supp. Actress:Hathaway - Field - Hunt - Adams - WeaverDirector:Spielberg - Affleck - Hooper - Bigelow - Lee Original Screenplay:Zero Dark Thirty - Moonrise Kingdom - Amour - The Master - Django Unchained Adapted Screenplay:Lincoln - Silver Linings Playbook - Argo - Life of Pi - Beasts of the Southern Wild Picture:Lincoln - Les Miserables - Argo - Silver Linings Playbook - Zero Dark Thirty - Life of Pi - Django Unchained - Beasts of the Southern Wild - Moonrise Kingdom - Amour

If for some odd reason we were to get 10 nominees this year, I think they would go back to just making it 10 and not some number from 5 to 10. That would make 2011 an oddball year with 9 nominees. Otherwise, I think they will stick with the system they have for at least one more year. Most likely longer. In the long run, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the amount of nominees limited to 7.

Edited by CloneWars

1. Lincoln2. Les Miserables3. Silver Linings Playbook4. Argo5. Zero Dark Thirty6. Life of Pi7. Django Unchained8. Beasts of the Southern Wild---------------------------------------9. Moonrise Kingdom10. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel11. The Impossible12. Amour13. Skyfall14. The Master15. Flight