#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Yep I enjoyed.  Good... could have been great.

One of those instances where people didn't feel the movie matched the trailers which influenced how they felt about the movie.

Some people just had a hissy fit over the third act, which I don't understand. Yes it was the weakest aspect of the film, but I don't understand what was so enraging about it? Felt more or less like where the movie was headed to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Monday 35m

Tuesday 35m

Wednesday 35m

Thursday 24m

Friday 48m

Saturday 55m

Sunday 50m

:D

I legitimately think that's about what the weekend will look like, but would be shocked if weekdays were that high. Xmas eve should be below 20m for sure I'd think. 

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Really?

I gotta say I did. Not a bad thing. I think this film had way more moments of consecutive and sarcastic one liners than the previous Star Wars films. Even the way Poe handled Kylo during their first exchange was reminiscent of the MCU tone imo. I think Marvel movies have influenced filmmakers to put more humorous moments in action films in general. Of course Star Wars has always been funny and a bit goofy in the best of ways, but I found some of the comedy to be leaning in that Marvel direction. Again, not a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Dan9 said:

Worldwide opening will surely go down too... It needs to make up what, $8m? UK is already looking like it will add an extra $1-2m with actuals, domestic should increase by a fair bit and then there's the rest of the world... 

And that's without China. Boom. 

JW  OS  actual size went up by a few million. A few small countries have to grease up the abacus. Takes a while 

3 minutes ago, Moviedweeb said:

I gotta say I did. Not a bad thing. I think this film had way more moments of consecutive and sarcastic one liners than the previous Star Wars films. Even the way Poe handled Kylo during their first exchange was reminiscent of the MCU tone imo. I think Marvel movies have influenced filmmakers to put more humorous moments in action films in general. Of course Star Wars has always been funny and a bit goofy in the best of ways, but I found some of the comedy to be leaning in that Marvel direction. Again, not a bad thing. 

I think you have that backwards. SW is more influential to Marvel than vice versa, at least with the quick wit. That's almost certainly what Rich was saying.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I am still puzzled how tomorrowland turned out the way it did, it was one of my most anticipated film of the year.

They didn't spend the time figuring out the third act. It's a common problem.

Edited by Damien Spock

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I legitimately think that's about what the weekend will look like, but would be shocked if weekdays were that high. Xmas eve should be below 20m for sure I'd think. 

It's the holidays where you would think it would be bigger, but with all the competition it's going to lose showtimes

3 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

It's the holidays where you would think it would be bigger, but with all the competition it's going to lose showtimes

Sure, but it won't need as much. Theaters were prepared for the craziness this weekend. It's gonna gross half of what it did this week (give or take a few million). SW is keeping most if not all its screens, so capacity should still be there.

6 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Already? I doubt TFA is the one that feels the theater count sting next weekend. I'd imagine they will take from all the other holdovers if they have to before TFA

Edited by MovieMan89