#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4-quad mega-openers have had pretty strong Sunday holds since the rise of the prominence of midnights/previews.  It's been the YA series that have more typical Sunday declines.  TDK/TA/TDKR/AOU/JW have all had sub 20% drops.

The previews monopolize on up-front business; every next day separated from Thursday is affected less and less by the massive previews.  Meaning previews suck most business out of Friday, then 2nd most out of Saturday, then Sunday, and so on.

• Like 4

12m seems crazy to be off by, but look at it from a percentage perspective. That would mean the actuals would increase five percent from estimates. I'm fairly certain a five percent increase from estimates has happened before. I'm just hoping for 245 though. 250 would be amazing.

1 minute ago, Moviedweeb said:

I never said it wasn't. I just noted a small similarity and influence and for some reason you're pitting it as one being more than the other. I never suggested that Marvel is now more influential on Star Wars in any area no matter how significant. But according to your logic, Marvel cannot have any influence whatsoever on a Star Wars film.

We are literally having a nonsense exchange. I love Star Wars. Seen them all many times. Forgive me if I have spotted a small area where I happen to think there may have been some influence. Maybe I am right, Maybe I am wrong. Just an opinion. Not like I was trolling my thoughts out in an obnoxious way or as fact. 

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't think you're trolling, just stating my thoughts on the matter. Let's just take it easy and just drop it. :D

1 minute ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't think you're trolling, just stating my thoughts on the matter. Let's just take it easy and just drop it. :D

"Not like I was trolling" as in your response may have been reasonable if I was but ALL GOOD. Perhaps in the future, don't interpret a simple opinion as someone placing one thing above another. It shouldn't offend you if someone thinks that there are modern films that influenced the brand new Star Wars film. I mean really? But I'm done. Cheers. 

The only movie on the current release schedule that I could see breaking this record is Justice League but only if Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman all got great critical reception which almost has no chance of happening. Even then, I think Justice League is a Part 1 which will hinder its gross.

14 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

FALSE PROPHET!!!!

But, shit, that may be right on the money...

It is a shame I brutally failed every other movie :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Rth said:

It'll be well over 50, will take proper look soon

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT