#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, Moviedweeb said:

"Not like I was trolling" as in your response may have been reasonable if I was but ALL GOOD. Perhaps in the future, don't interpret a simple opinion as someone placing one thing above another. It shouldn't offend you if someone thinks that there are modern films that influenced the brand new Star Wars film. I mean really? But I'm done. Cheers. 

You're taking this far too personally. And you're also being quite hypocritical, considering I didn't put a single word into your mouth. I know you weren't saying Marvel wasn't better than SW (an opinion you could have and I wouldn't give a shit about), I was just stating that the OT was more influential on the quick wit of TFA, than Marvel. And you disagreed. That's it. You are making this a lot bigger deal than it is.

39 minutes ago, superduperm said:

We sure about this? Any Sunday drop below 30% at this time of year is really good. I feel like this forum is being awfully optimistic.

Would love to see $240M+ though. Now the question is, what kind of Monday number will we have? Anything above $20M is good. $26M+ (higher than JW) would be legendary. Not sure why everyone is expecting $30M+ tomorrow. That's a recipe for more disappointment.

Look at box office numbers december 21 2009. No film drop over 48%, I expect Star Wars 7 to drop 45%

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think I put 317 in the derby.:ph34r:

On the bright side, me from 2 months ago when I made the winter game prediction was dead on. Shoulda put that in the derby!

MovieMan89 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $317.50M $0.00M
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

FALSE PROPHET!!!!

But, shit, that may be right on the money...

17 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

CJohn has some explaining to do. 

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

TRAITOR 

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

CJohn is a weasel. Supposed leader of the 300 club and then predict 243. He's like Palpatine in the prequels. 

BOOOOOO CJohn BOOOOOO

5 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

Sure it was.:angry: You must be punished! Maybe ED can take away your Nolan fancard.

4 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

CJOHN! Busted! Lmfao!

MY PREDICTION WAS 243M. IT WAS 243M ALL ALONG GUYS. YOU ALL BOUGHT IT. EVEN TELE. EVEN TELE BOUGHT IT. EVERY DAMN ONE OF YOU WERE MADE FOOLS OF. BUT I HAD TO DO IT. EXCEL MADE ME DO IT. 

• Like 8

Can we establish the Avengers Weekend Model.

We literally will have 3 films open to the same results on Friday Day, Saturday and Sunday within a few % of each other each day in the end. 

Only thing that changes is previews.

• Like 1

Kerr Bueno@kerrbueno 14 minutes ago

Star Wars has been showing for 4 days now and there's still a massive line at the movies. Haven't seen anything like this.

• Like 2

I'll say this though, the 3D share is considerably low.  Current estimate is 47% overall, 12/7 from IMAX/PLF , so just 28% from traditional 3D.  Much lower than JW/TA, yet it's blowing the OW record by ~30-35M.  I wonder if Disney hadn't provided 210K shows, folks would have been forced into 3D more.

• Like 2