#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

11 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Slide1.jpg

Shows throughout the night... holidays mean staff shortages... might take longer then normal

And it's been so crazy that I've forgotten this is a weekend and we won't get actuals at all until Monday.  Hopefully Disney will revise their estimates if there is a significant change.

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

We could have a case where this behaves like a Thursday opener; Saturday increase ends up behaving like a normal weekend instead of a big weekend.  Clones and Sith in May jumped 20 and 28% on Saturday after a Thursday opening.  Obviously the issue is that there's no proper comparison for a December film that did 57M Thursday night.  But something to watch for, as it wouldn't even take record Saturday attendance to hit high 70s.

Does one of the Spidey films hold the Saturday attendance record?

2 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Does one of the Spidey films hold the Saturday attendance record?

Both of them.  I have SM1/SM3 both at 7.5M, Avengers right behind at 7.3M.  If the 3D/IMAX share from previews holds, we'd need 76.6M to match the record.  But in a small period like this, any fluctuations can throw it off; if the 3D share jumps up to the 50% range, we'd need around 80M to match the record, which means we could touch 75-77M while being well within the realm of precedence.

• Like 1

Just now, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Holy crap, some company must've bought out showtimes for its employees or something. The AMC Burbank had 17 sellouts from 8:40am to 11:45am.

Oh wow shiiiit.....

Ok, no, I ain't falling for this shit like yesterday.

65M Saturday is a good number, don't set your expectations high, 65M is great :) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dr 3va2an said:

You can go to your fallback:

crossover with Agents of SHIELD.

My fallback was to edit it as fast as possible when I realized what I had done :lol: 

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Both of them.  I have SM1/SM3 both at 7.5M, Avengers right behind at 7.3M.  If the 3D/IMAX share from previews holds, we'd need 76.6M to match the record.  But in a small period like this, any fluctuations can throw it off; if the 3D share jumps up to the 50% range, we'd need around 80M to match the record, which means we could touch 75-77M while being well within the realm of precedence.

On the other hand, if Saturday IS looking like new-record level, we could go really high because of saturation (forcing people into 3D shows).  Record Saturday attendance could land anywhere from high 70s to mid 80s. 

34 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

So guys how long until we get our first Star Wars live action tv series?

Coming to ABC, fall 2017. It'll last for about four or five seasons and then they'll realize nobody cares enough to watch it because none of the movie characters will ever show up on it or even acknowledge anything that happens.

This was my Saturday sellout report last night:

15 hours ago, spizzer said:

Old fashioned Saturday sellout report.

All 2D shows at Tysons tomorrow morning and afternoon are ~70-80% full (only front rows available), as well as all ETX shows.  Evenings for 2D are a bit lighter right now, IMAX is literally 95-100% all day.  3D's a similar case to 2D, but not as consistent ($17.59 for a 8:45AM :unsure:)

Regal Gallery Place has a number of 2D sellouts throughout the day. 

Only 2 sellouts at Regal Ballston but 37 shows there so hard do so, plus Tysons/Hoffman/DC screens are pretty close by.  

AMC 1 in Uptown DC has sold out 1 of 4 shows.

AMC Georgetown has sold out all 5 IMAX and a 3D and 2 2Ds.

Hoffman's all done for IMAX but nothing else though there's 38 shows.

Nothing at Regal Majestic but there's 50 shows there..

AMC in Columbia Mall looks strong in the mornings and is sold out for all IMAX. 

AMC Potomac Mills is sold out in the morning for all 2D and waning up there for matinees/afternoons.

Arclight Bethesda (42 shows) weak mornings, but looking like 65-75% full from 10AM - 9PM for all shows across formats.  Weaker late evenings for now.

To summarize - both showtime count and business look like all time highs for a Saturday in my area.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

On the other hand, if Saturday IS looking like new-record level, we could go really high because of saturation (forcing people into 3D shows).  Record Saturday attendance could land anywhere from high 70s to mid 80s. 

I just have a feeling Friday was "muted" a bit following the massive turnout on Thursday. I think we're in store for a historic Saturday which has always been the strongest day BO wise for the PT.