#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Attendance wise yes, but I was talking raw dollars. But hey, breaking both would be cool with me. :D

Yeah, I'm expectating a big jump in Matinees for Saturday and evening/night to stay similar to yesterday. Hopefully Rth gives us an update before late night. I don't want to wait for DHD at 2 or 3 am.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rth said:

I had it 125-130m from early in the day and didn't bother changing it from that, people would go crazy anything over 100m lol

GOD RTH! Tell us more about Saturday, please...

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

LA area, very rough sellout count for today:

94 sellouts / 1338 showtimes

That's roughly even with yesterday right?  I think that's what I'm seeing as well, maybe a little stronger because mornings/matinees were a lot more full but evenings are like 70-80% instead for reserved shows at least.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Yeah, I'm expectating a big jump in Matinees for Saturday and evening/night to stay similar to yesterday. Hopefully Rth gives us an update before late night. I don't want to wait for DHD at 2 or 3 am.

Me too, Saturday record is the goal. Anything more than that is gravy.

• Like 1

Latest Deadlune summery

.... once the lights went down for the 1 PM show in Los Angeles, the seventh installment of the franchise passed the $100M threshold, the fastest ever

...largest number of theaters ever secured for a December release and 473 more locations than any other Star Wars installment

...Thursday previews ... started at 7 PM ... through 6 AM this morning ...= $57M

...in about 21 hours in 4,134 theaters, it.... take the the single biggest box office day in history from the Deathly Hallow’s – Part 2 ($91M vs. Star Wars’ estimate of around $120M)

...will surpass Jurassic World‘s $208.8M best box office opening eversome theaters are playing Force Awakens 24/7. Although ...show after show is sold out, Disney keeps stressing that tickets are still available

... Hobbit blabla

Advanced ticket sales .... $100M, but 80% of those tickets were bought for Thursday, today and Christmas Day. Today, only 4.8% of kids were out of school. That will increase to 73.8% by Monday so strong mid-week sales are a given.

Tomorrow is a key box office day as it will help determine what the film’s walk-up business will be. Stay tuned as we will be reporting throughout the weekend.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-100m-in-21-hours-1201669821/

1 hour ago, Darth AndyLL said:

LOL... I'm hoping Disney is low-balling it.

If not it shows that huge pre-sales is making it tough for the pro estimators to estimate.

There's quite a few factors explained before but yes big pre-sales especially these days can be  issue (industry some had it going 150+), also throw around number like 43m matinees doesn't help when for starting its not even a number from all theatres(just over 50% of them) it included pre-sales and it was from around 1pm pst(inclu EC only thru 1pm)

See Monday what actuals are

• Like 8

Had 3 guys show up probably in their mid twenties all bought tickets for Star Wars for a matinee show. Wasn't full, only about 90 people in the theatre, but when the logo came up for the opening crawl they stood up and shouted "BOOOO Star Trek Beyond 2016!" Then they left without asking for their money back.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

It's a little early for projections from Rth. My guess we might get something from DHD or THR in couple of hrs. 

If matinees are at record pace, DHD/THR/Variety will update at 5-6PM EST I expect.