#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

You guys are way too harsh on Jurassic World, I remember really liking it when seeing it the first time, but then thought about it some more and that's when you know if a movie sticks or not. Saw it twice and I'd say it's a 7/10, it's not great but it is good, entertaining, fun, well made, Trevorrow did a good job, it's not going to rock your world for sure, but it's not the abomination that some seem to think it is.

The Force Awakens is obviously on another dimension entirely. I've seen a review calling it a modern classic, I'd agree.

I really liked Jurassic World, I gave it an A- (and I'm fairly strict on what I give As too), but I still want TFA to crush it. 

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

This an odd thing to say on a record breaking weekend.:lol:

I'm under the impression some are disappointed TFA didn't break the overseas and worldwide opening records lol. I mean, they know why it didn't happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

A lot of people liked it or loved it even on this forum. But as always, the haters of a movie like to try to paint the movie as actually being unpopular and disliked and that nobody could possibly like the movie.

Nobody who's sane liked it. :ph34r:

I jest, I jest...

...but still.

:ph34r: 
  • Like 9

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4134&p=.htm

BOM has a new article up

In just its first day of release Force Awakens brought in an estimated $120.5 million setting a new record for the largest Friday, opening day and single day. All on its own, that opening day was also enough to break the previous December opening weekend record of $84.62 million set by The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 2012. Additionally, the film now holds the following domestic records:

• Like 4