#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Guys, this number is not a good news.

This OW record is gonna last at least five years in America.

At least.

There is nothing on the horizon that will be able to match this kind of hype.

So people will shrug when BvS opens, same for Avengers Infinity or Justice League.

Big numbers they will do but no FA numbers.

Rarity builds the biggest hype.

Stat Wars had 10 years and it is one of the most beloved american franchise.

Disney is gonna dilute the Star Wars brand and they won't be able to market EP 9 as the last one.

There is no other brand to revive that is as big as Jurassic Park, hence the massive JW numbers.

So enjoy the party while it lasts because the box office record desert is looming.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Waiting in line for round 3. It's crazy here. Parking lot as full as Thursday.  200 person line for IMAX 1 hour before. 

Shopping and NFL my ass.  

I heard NFL starters are not playing today since they wanted to see Star Wars. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

The weekday numbers are going to be huge. Im going on monday with someone who hasn't seen it and then tuesday with someone who has. Repeat viewings will be massive.

Provided I don't start despising it tonight (which I find unlikely), I might drop my plans for The Big Short on Tues for Star Wars round 3.

There's just something truly awesome about seeing a Star Wars movie on the big screen. Especially since I had never done it before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

They'll sell 10m dvds to all the young parents like everything else. 

And merchandise 

Unlikely in the case of the DVDs. No Pixar film since TS3 has hit 10m, even combined BD & DVD. Inside Out will probably end up under 5m, and TGD isn't going to even do Inside Out numbers.

I also don't see TGD turning into a merchandise monster. There wasn't enough awareness of it to drive it. We can probably put some of that blame on TFA, since Disney's pretty much been focused on that alone for the past three months.

• Like 1

HOLY FUCK!

I just looked up something.

Earlier this year, my other local theater introduced Cheapo Tuesday, but I didn't care because my main theater has $5 on Tuesday, whereas this one has $6... but I forgot to check to see if my other theater, which has an IMAX, has cheap IMAX prices.

I could see TFA in IMAX3D for $13!!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Waiting in line for round 3. It's crazy here. Parking lot as full as Thursday.  200 person line for IMAX 1 hour before. 

Shopping and NFL my ass.  

Maybe theyre playing the game inside the theater next to the gift shop?

We gotta be open for all possibilities.

• Like 4