#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

11 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's mid-evening on the west coast. Showtimes run until 5:30am. There's gonna be nothing until the morning. :lol: 

He has given hints before. Hopefully, he can give us a rough ball park by early morning.  

8 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

So based on that how far can SW go for thursday ?

I dont know man this is just nuts.

Unparalleled demand. 

Like ROTS was not that big a hit here, this is old cast power lol. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

Back from an 8 pm show in north Atlanta with my son - in 2D. Was a complete sell out, not bad for a Thursday night. Alot more kids than I would have expected, tomorrow is the last day of school before break. We arrived at 7 and the auditorium was already 75% filled an hour before showtime

Big line out front when we left for one of the later shows. i had to tell my son not to talk about anything until we got i the car. He's still talking and its almost midnight.

my favorite comment by my son  - 'best movie ever, even better than the Lego Movie'. For my son, that is incredibly high praise,

we got Zootopia (got big laughs), Captain America Civil War (cheers after the trailer finished), Kung Fu Panda 3 (laughs, not as many as Zootopia) and 5th Wave (not much reaction) as trailers.

• Like 3

Just now, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Enjoy this folks.  For box office junkies, you may not see something like this again for years and years.  What a blast not only this weekend but the next month will be.

this is boxiffice legend being made I think :)

• Like 2

Just now, Bonenash said:

Can it cracks 60m or even 65m if the early shows are fillied up like crazy as Lord mentioned before.

No the problem is that such shows are quite limited in number.

It is impressive that such shows can be filled but to the overall box office number they are insignificant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

If this thing hits 60, we all need to have group meltdown.  

On on a school night? In December on the weekend before Christmas. 50 is ridiculous when you think in those terms.

Furthermore

This is not DH2 this is putting a strong Challenge to JW and TA for  the Friday Day record I think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

If this thing hits 60, we all need to have group meltdown.  

On on a school night? In December on the weekend before Christmas. 50 is ridiculous when you think in those terms.

yes but.................................................................................................................................................... long as 1 trillion miles...........

It's Star wars dude.

Final Thursday Preview Sellout/Showtime Count for NoVA/DC Metro/MD, as of 11:00 PM EST, Thursday, December 17th

qUcXBSe.png?1

301 Sellouts, 582 Showtimes

164/286 2D

95/237 3D

2/2 15/70 IMAX

25/33 3D IMAX

15/24 PLF

Showtime Breakdown

49.1% 2D

40.7% 3D

6.0% IMAX

4.1% PLF/Other

Other notable final tallies are below.  Stopped the counting at 11PM, and TDKR's final tally was exceeded considerably.  AOU is the best comparison as its a Thursday night before school in 2015 (though obviously a greater proportion of folks taking time off given the holidays).  It has 2.42X as many sellouts as AOU did and 78 more showtimes. 

Highest sellouts and showtimes I have on record.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Films (Final Tallies)

AOU - 124/504 (7PM Previews)

TDKR - 243/310 (Midnights)

BD2 - 112/251 (10PM Previews)
TA - 55/174 (Midnights)
THG - 87/199 (Midnights)
IM3 - 17/260 (9PM Previews) as of 8:45 PM EST

TFA - 301/582

BD1 was tracked in DC/VA only, so I've added the comparison for the equivalent theaters:

BD1 - 55/108 (Midnights)
AOU - 84/287 (7PM Previews)

TFA - 192/334

• Like 4