#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

I think it has a very good chance to do more. 65m is possible with the amount of demand throughout the day. Anything above that would be insanity, not that 65m day business isn't already insane.

I don't want my expectations that high :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

AMC Empire 25 has sold out all its AMC Prime shows till 11PM. Even 3AM show has 45 tickets sold at 21.59 per ticket !!!!!

https://tickets.fandango.com/transaction/ticketing/express/ticketboxoffice.aspx?row_count=106251339&mid=169229&tid=AAORE

its definitely taking highest single day gross minus previews. 70m+ friday for sure looking at how strong the early sales are. I see with reserved seating even morning shows are almost sold out !!!

Last night I checked and it was at 18 sellouts for 71 shows today.  For the previews it had 54 shows and sold out 31 one of them.  I'd wager that it grossed >$100K last night alone and will cross $500K for the weekend (it did $331,846 for Avengers according to Rth).  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

CBSNews said $139M in pre-sales - note that they extend into 2016.

Fandango reported yesterday that they have already sold more tickets for TFA than for the entire run of any other movie (ie they have sold more pre-sale tickets to TFA than the entire run of tickets sold for JW).

Well that's crazy.  So 40-55M was covered last night, we might still have as high as 100M in presales remaining and again, presales are still occurring.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

No Noctis meltdown then?

He must've prepared mentally for today. 

Too bad, that would been a grade A metdown. :popcorn:

Where's James? :apocalypse:

I'm awaiting James and Excel (because you know he's gonna return).

• Like 1

I definitely expect Friday to be bigger than Thursday, but not by much. Maybe 10-ish percent like deathly hallows 2. IMO the real mark of it being front loaded or not is the Saturday jump. A PG13 December movie with school still in session the opening Friday "should" have a solid jump up, but my hunch is it'll more or less stay even Friday to Saturday.