AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

16 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

I guess a lot of it depends on where they pick up the story. Will it be right after 7 or a few years after? I'm sure we'll see a lot of Luke training Rey, but will it be completing her training or as they are feeling each other out? There is a lot a narrative potential with both those scenarios, but that may point to whether the characters meet up again for a long amount of time.

I think the new female character was doing chemistry tests with Boyega so I do think Rey will come back after her training in Episode 8 and then feel a bit left out.

6 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Interesting that you guys think it's the junkyard boss -- Unkar Plutt -- holding her hand. I'm convinced it's Max Von Sydow's character (and that he's the voice we hear).

I'll have to see it again to confirm, I suppose. :P

It really sounded like Unkar's voice though & looked like his hand. 

It is the solemn responsibility for all those next to see this on their 4th, 5th or 6th viewing that they play very close attention to the scene where Rey finds Luke's lightsaber. Look to the left of screen at the hand holding young Rey.  Listen to the voice say, "Come here girl". 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I could swear it sounds way more like Sydow. Hmmmm.

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

I thought it was Sydow, too.

I guess we will all find out in time ;)  but I don't think it is Sydow

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

For all you Plutt crazies, what makes more sense, that this asshole would be protecting/raising her or that Lor San Tekka -- an "old ally" of the Republic, someone clearly close to the Organa (and Skywalker?) family -- would have that task?

I think him protecting/raising her with Sydow watching from afar like Obi-Wan did with Luke makes the most sense to me. 

• Like 1

For all you Plutt crazies, what makes more sense, that this asshole would be protecting/raising her or that Lor San Tekka -- an "old ally" of the Republic, someone clearly close to the Organa (and Skywalker?) family -- would have that task?

i raise with , what makes more sense, hiding her with someone  that anyone knows is clearly close to the family so is easier to find, or with someone that anyone looking for her wouldn't think about?   AND on top of that, still have that "old ally" be able to look after her with no worry about linking him and her together? ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

i raise with , what makes more sense, hiding her with someone  that anyone knows is clearly close to the family so is easier to find, or with someone that anyone looking for her wouldn't think about?   AND on top of that, still have that "old ally" be able to look after her with no worry about linking him and her together? ;)

Given that Obi-Wan and Yoda decided to hide one of Anakin's children on his homeworld, not far from where he grew up, while Kenobi didn't even bother to change his name.... obviously secrecy is not really that important. :P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I'm sure Rian Johnson's working to figure out exactly how to handle all of the loose threads Abrams and Co. left for him. He'll give us something worthwhile and/or, if we're lucky, retcon out the unnecessary nonsense. Very, very, very, very glad he has a larger hand in crafting VIII and IX.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Given that Obi-Wan and Yoda decided to hide one of Anakin's children on his homeworld, not far from where he grew up, while Kenobi didn't even bother to change his name.... obviously secrecy is not really that important. :P

yeah but all that has been talked about before.  Anakin/Darth had no reason to ever go back to that planet that he hated, plus he didn't know the kids existed, no one did. :P 

It's obvious with Rey being a kid and not a baby, that people knew she existed at some point ;) 

are we really going down this geekly trimmed road? :P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 3

Sure he did. He was "Ben" Kenobi. A crafty example of hiding in plain sight!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Sure he did. He was "Ben" Kenobi. A crafty example of hiding in plain sight!

The good ol' Clark Kent/Superman model of hiding. 

Edited by Empire the Lesser
  • Like 2