AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

56 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Some movies get a better reputation over time and other films get a worse one.

What do you guys think will happen with TFA?

maybe a bit of both, but as you can tell with some people in here already, it is getting the hate of being so successful and beating other franchises.  So that part will definitely grow as the years go on.

But I think also the people that like it will like it more as time goes on so I think everything will offset :P 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 75live said:

maybe a bit of both, but as you can tell with some people in here already, it is getting the hate of being so successful and beating other franchises.  So that part will definitely grow as the years go on.

But I think also the people that like it will like it more as time goes on so I think everything will offset :P 

Yeah, I agree.

There will be continued backlash from fanboys from other franchises.

But Star Wars fans, critics, and some of the general public will continue to praise TFA.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah, I agree.

There will be continued backlash from fanboys from other franchises.

But Star Wars fans, critics, and some of the general public will continue to praise TFA.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and didn't like TFA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Some movies get a better reputation over time and other films get a worse one.

What do you guys think will happen with TFA?

I enjoyed more second viewing of TFA more because my expectations why sky high the first time. So I honestly think TFA will be be a well received still for years to come.

• Like 2

I suspect once people get over the fact that, phew, it wasn't a repeat of the prequels, its currently very good reputation will subside a little.

But it really depends how good the sequels are. If they're much better, then this will deservedly be seen as a solid start.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There's always an exception to the rule. :P

But I think it's safe to say most SW Fans thought it was good.

Yes, most SW fans will like the movie, but i don't think i'm the only one who's disappointed because of the lack of original ideas and other problems. In my opinion the prequels were way more creative and fun despite Jar-Jar, Hayden Christensen etc.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Yes, most SW fans will like the movie, but i don't think i'm the only one who's disappointed because of the lack of original ideas and other problems. In my opinion the prequels were way more creative and fun despite Jar-Jar, Hayden Christensen etc.

The prequels were only Star Wars on the surface. All emotional beats fell flat for me.

I actually felt the humor, the wonder, the suspense, the nostslgia, and the tragedy of TFA. The moments are earned and the storytelling is on another level than the prequels. 

I'll admit that both the prequels and TFA felt like they went through a committee checklist. But the prequels checklist was probably about what makes Star Wars visually memorable and the TFA checklist was more about what makes Star Wars emotionally memorable.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The prequels were only Star Wars on the surface. All emotional beats fell flat for me.

I actually felt the humor, the wonder, the suspense, the nostslgia, and the tragedy of TFA. The moments are earned and the storytelling is on another level than the prequels. 

I'll admit that both the prequels and TFA felt like they went through a committee checklist. But the prequels checklist was probably about what makes Star Wars visually memorable and the TFA checklist was more about what makes Star Wars emotionally memorable.

Not for me. I just rewatched the whole saga and i almost cried at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones also have great moments.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

Eh, the prequels were made by committee, too. It's just that the committee consisted of everyone telling Lucas "Yes!" to every idea no matter how bad.

Yeah, TFA was made by a brain trust. The prequels were made by Lucas surrounded by "yes" men.

• Like 1