AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

17 minutes ago, Charism said:

Aaaaanyway, I'm late to the party.
But anybody noticed that one of the first words we hear in Reys' dream sequence is nobody else than sir Alec Guiness, who says 'Rey?' It was great.

No, how could you possibly pick that up?

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

No, how could you possibly pick that up?

Dunno. Maybe just luck. But I did research after and I was right:

Abrams recalled: "we took a line from Alec Guinness saying 'Afraid.'' They cut it, and you hear the performance – he's saying it the way I would have begged  Alec Guinness to have said it. It is so crazy perfect. 

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-12-20/jj-abrams-reveals-ewan-mcgregor-frank-oz-and-alec-guinness-have-cameos-in-the-force-awakens

But didn't heard McGregor. On my second screening I was especially trying to catch his voice, but no results. But Alec Guiness is just plain as day. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It is the solemn responsibility for all those next to see this on their 4th, 5th or 6th viewing that they play very close attention to the scene where Rey finds Luke's lightsaber. Look to the left of screen at the hand holding young Rey.  Listen to the voice say, "Come here girl". 

Just got home. I can officially confirm that was Plutt's hand.  It was plain as day. 

• Like 5

Just now, darthdevidem01 said:

Tha hand was 100% plutta. It was masive and well it was his hand and voice too. I only truly noticed this on my 2nd viewing

Took me three.

• Like 1

Watched the movie ....

More questions then answers....

Give it 4/5

I think it needed a better story and more background needed about the past and what happened. I think the connections to the past were the best part.

However how many times will the empire make the same mistake of building huge death stars that can be easily blown up.

Lastly the jedi fight was more realistic but nowhere as iconic as duel of the fates or Obi Wan vs Anankin first and 2nd and course luke vs Vader. 

Think my issue is I need to see it again to understand.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Watched the movie ....

More questions then answers....

Give it 4/5

I think it needed a better story and more background needed about the past and what happened. I think the connections to the past were the best part.

However how many times will the empire make the same mistake of building huge death stars that can be easily blown up.

Lastly the jedi fight was more realistic but nowhere as iconic as duel of the fates or Obi Wan vs Anankin first and 2nd and course luke vs Vader. 

Think my issue is I need to see it again to understand.

Maybe when both become masters the duel be better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Klingo said:

Maybe when both become masters the duel be better.

Yeah I do understand it was literally injured guy vs New Jedi....

The Luke vs Vader in Empire, is epic due to the setting and reveal and lines.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Another theory I heard going around is that Rey is Obi-wan's granddaughter or something like that. Skywalker i think is more likely, but interesting nevertheless. 

That I wrote in the weekend thread too, not as a hard possibility, but as an additional to the skywalker family. Obi Wan lived for a time after the fall of the Jedi's, who knows how he spent his dark hours.

Plus:

yes, they mention the power being strong in the family, but that doesn't mean it's a generally passed on only via family. So if the force 'picks' someone at an early age and there are only so very few left.... who says the 'force' can not pick and give a real good quality/ammount?

Still way too less information to exclude unusual theories or possibilities.

Not saying it is so, only IMHO at least some people seem to be a bit too fixated on certain possibilties.

Or if it's really a family thing, what's about a family that doesn't want to be Jedi's? Or a pair that left bcs it wants to be a pair? Or was on a mission during the killings, in a prison with people immun too the force, or was too injured to still fight, but later on started still a family (maybe with the male or female nurse ;) ), based on thinking the Jedi's aren't anymore (Yoda was in hiding)

Endless possibilities IMHO.

• Like 2