AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It was a joke. It was funny. People laughed.

Any mention of it as a big memorable moment is way way out of place

Wasn't he was just holding Thor's hammer? Like we didn't see him pick it up? Just a visual gag? It was kinda funny, if I'm remembering the scene right. God, that movie was pointless. Fun, but pointless, even (especially?) by MCU standards.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt

12 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

It would be cool to see the Knights of Ren, assuming there are any outside of Kylo still alive. They could even call the next film:

EPISODE VIII: THE DARK KNIGHTS

:ph34r:

You either die a Jedi, or live long enough to see yourself become a Sith

Edited by Dr 3va2an
  • Like 5

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Wasn't he was just holding Thor's hammer? Like we didn't see him pick it up? Just a visual gag? It was kinda funny, if I'm remembering the scene right. God, that movie was pointless. Fun, but pointless, even (especially?) by MCU standards.

I'm not sure why seeing him pick it up matters, the point of the joke was that he could. Not really a visual gag, just a gag

(I like AoU a lot actually, more on rewatch. But this is defo not the thread for that :lol:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm not sure why seeing him pick it up matters, the point of the joke was that he could. Not really a visual gag, just a gag

(I like AoU a lot actually, more on rewatch. But this is defo not the thread for that :lol:)

I don't remember the scene well, but I guess you're right about Blanks being wrong comparing the 2. They're not at all alike.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt

I'm not even trying to lessen the Rey moment or anything, and I really only mildly like Age of Ultron nowadays. Anecdotely, I've only had the huge reaction Rey grabbing the lightsaber three other times

Hulk smashing Loki

Vision picking up the hammer

Han's entrance in TFA

And now that I think of it, it's really kinda cool that Rey's is the only one that didn't involve humor in any shape.

Edited by Blan Solo
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

So I was just you know reading the "public" version of A New Hope according to some websites and came across this:

HAN
          It's the ship that made the Kessel 
          run in less than twelve parsecs!
Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with obvious misinformation.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

What?!? I saw AoU twice and both times that scene got by far the biggest crowd reaction. And it was a shocked gasp, not laughter. It was the biggest moment of AoU, imo.

I don't get why this movie is basically getting no backlash. I get that Kylo isn't supposed to be Vader, but he can still be strong without being Vader. Why have him look so weak. Just everything about Kylo under the mask is cringeworthy. He looks like David Schwimmer from Friends ,his voice is horrible. They overexposed him and way too fast. Did anyone else cringe at how casually he revealed his face to Rey? When he put it back on and tried to be a badass again, I couldn't buy it. I also found Rey hollow as a protagonist. 

I get that Ren is not a Sith Lord but he was trained by Luke and got partial training from his master.  I don't buy that Rey can just think of the Force and beat him with no training. It was her 1st time swinging a lightsaber. Luke and Anakin had to train to take people out like that. If this didn't have the Star Wars name, I doubt fans would damage control all the problems with this movie. Funny that people have the nerve to crap on Avatar on JW

Edited by Sagemode87
  • Like 1