CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Gawd. Tapatalk is great for reading threads, but it never ceases to amaze me how crappy it is otherwise. Because you'll never know, this was sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know you can turn that off, right? Just go into preferences and turn your signature off.

This is why you rule.

• Like 3

Also, @cory, did you catch this from DHD:

Force Awakens denizens also spared no expense to see the movie: 38% spent between $13-$15 to see the film, while 29% shelled out $16-$18 a ticket. 

Obviously only from a polled sample, but holy cow.  I think its pretty arguable that even if we account for the different format breakdowns properly, none of these big openers are actually selling at average price level on OW.  Its all fine for our calculations as long as we're consistent, the list should represent the relative ranks fairly correctly anyway so INBD.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Increase. Discount Tuesday and more people off from school and work as we near holiday. Wed decrease from Tues but even to or greater than Monday.

Not sure about that. Here on Hawaii I am already seeing a some sellouts for Wed, but none for tuesday. Granted, Tuesday will be more for walkup to get the best prices. Reserved seating is about 50% sold (all the best seats) for our one theater that does that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

Also, @cory, did you catch this from DHD:

Obviously only from a polled sample, but holy cow.  I think its pretty arguable that even if we account for the different format breakdowns properly, none of these big openers are actually selling at average price level on OW.  Its all fine for our calculations as long as we're consistent, the list should represent the relative ranks fairly correctly anyway so INBD.

Makes what Spidey did way back in 2002 that much more impressive to me. Take away the extras(3D, Preview marathons, IMAX, etc) and I highly doubt TFA put that many more butts in seats...and that's with a lot more seats for butts to be put into. ;)

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All of TDK's records are gone. Yesterday's news @MrPink

:apocalypse:

It is still the #1 Pinked movie of all time. Unlikely to ever be topped. The only records it shall have from this day forward are in my heart

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I am NOT like "those" people.

Hoping that it comes in lower to laugh at sadness doesn't make you one of "us" people.[emoji14]

What can I say? I'm a simple man (and fan of the film). I like pretty dark-haired women, breakfast food and meltdowns.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Makes what Spidey did way back in 2002 that much more impressive to me. Take away the extras(3D, Preview marathons, IMAX, etc) and I highly doubt TFA put that many more butts in seats...and that's with a lot more seats for butts to be put into. ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaamen.

• Like 1