CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Would love to see some stats on repeat views, has to be a major driver behind these historic Sunday & Monday holds. 

I agree that has to come into play.  But I also think that will be a major contributing force for it's entire run just like the sinking ship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Forbes Mendelson.

Now, now. He did write this today: http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/12/22/star-wars-the-force-awakens-3-reasons-its-box-office-blowout-is-good-news/:P

40.1m (or 41.1m, whatever it is) is fucking legendary. That SM2 record stood forever and is legendary itself. SW just shattered another record that may not be broken for another decade, if not longer.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 2

Avatar jumped 2.85% on its second weekend excluding midnights from the first weekend. Of course its opening weekend (particularly Saturday) was deflated by the horrible snow storm. That said, I'm starting to think 20% or better hold for TFA compared to the non-preview opening. That would put it around $152.5m weekend, similar to THG's opening weekend. Something like CF/TDK/TDKR is also very possible. CRAZY!!!!

• Like 2

Kudos to the brand Star Wars, how beloved the world & characters still are that George Lucas created some 40 years ago. TFA - the movie itself - has very little to do with its success. It's a solid adventure movie, i give it that.

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

No one (credible) on this site had anywhere near the Monday total, & this is is quite an optimistic group here. Monday did 2/3 of Friday day business. That's just not possible at this level lol.

You have no credibility when deciding who is and isn't credible on this site, thank you very much!

• Like 6

Just now, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Avatar's run was probably the third most fun I've ever had tracking box office.  What an incredible run.

This might end up topping that run from an entertainment standpoint. Enormous opening is fun as hell, plus insane legs on top of it. You can't ask for much more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Avatar jumped 2.85% on its second weekend excluding midnights from the first weekend. Of course its opening weekend (particularly Saturday) was deflated by the horrible snow storm. That said, I'm starting to think 20% or better hold for TFA compared to the non-preview opening. That would put it around $152.5m weekend, similar to THG's opening weekend. Something like CF/TDK/TDKR is also very possible. CRAZY!!!!

My head is spinning...