druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Echo The Big Short being very strong sentiment. The financial jargon may go over some heads but Paramount is being wise to play the long game with it. It's the rare film that's both educational and genuinely entertaining. A 5 day $15-16 Million run sets it up fine for what I expect will and should be a long run. Especially if it gets a Best Picture nom. Which I assume it will.

5 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Echo The Big Short being very strong sentiment. The financial jargon may go over some heads but Paramount is being wise to play the long game with it. It's the rare film that's both educational and genuinely entertaining. A 5 day $15-16 Million run sets it up fine for what I expect will and should be a long run. Especially if it gets a Best Picture nom. Which I assume it will.

the big short is only December release I wanted to see besides TFA. I am glad it is delivering. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I mean really, what has Michelle Monaghan ever done to deserve so much vitriol from some ancient fossil on the Internet? She's as inoffensive and uncontroversial as a celebrity could possibly be. What do you think of Katherine Heigl, old fool?

I try not to, kid.

• Like 1

I know I have no real say in it but here's what I want TFA to do the rest of the way....

It needs to hit $700 million by the end of it's 3rd Sunday then just have Avatar's numbers for the rest of it's theatrical life! Avatar made almost $400 million after it's 3rd weekend and I'd think we'd all be happy if TFA did the same B)

20 minutes ago, MfA said:

Been lurking the past few days on here, one mystifying thing is how RTH is treated as a sort of prophet.  His predictions seems to always be pretty accurate, so I understand why he is trusted, but where is he getting his numbers from and how does nowhere else on the net have access to them?

Dont you dare question our god

Silly peasant

Edited by John Wars

26 minutes ago, MfA said:

Been lurking the past few days on here, one mystifying thing is how RTH is treated as a sort of prophet.  His predictions seems to always be pretty accurate, so I understand why he is trusted, but where is he getting his numbers from and how does nowhere else on the net have access to them?

Rth has access to the same data that the trades and industry sources do, plus he's excellent at extrapolating from the data.

• Like 3