druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

26 minutes ago, Fake said:

Low end:

MON 30 (-32%)

TUE 30

WED 25

THU 20

FRI 32 (+60%)

SAT 32

SUN 20 (-37%)

So 189m week with 740m cume.

High end would be around 10-12% higher numbers for ~210m week and just beating Avatar on Sunday.

How does Friday and Saturday stay the same?

Don't expect 'normal numbers' for New Years Day, most of those are big hitters in general IMHO, at least Sherlock & Alvin had less days-in-release than SW 7 btw

= at least some cinemas will open late

TOP HOLIDAY SINGLE DAY GROSSES - New Years Day

Rank Title (click to view) Studio New Years Gross / % of Total Theaters / Average Day/Year Lifetime Gross
1 Avatar Fox $25,274,008 3.4% 3,461 $7,303 F 2010 $760,507,625
2 Meet the Fockers Uni. $18,271,940 6.5% 3,524 $5,185 Sa 2005 $279,261,160
3 Sherlock Holmes WB $14,889,882 7.1% 3,626 $4,106 F 2010 $209,028,679
4 Alvin ... Squeakquel Fox $12,998,264 5.9% 3,747 $3,469 F 2010 $219,614,612
5 LotR: The Return of the King NL $12,784,656 3.4% 3,703 $3,453 Th 2004 $377,845,905
6 Titanic Par. $11,558,520 1.9% 2,711 $4,264 Th 1998 $658,672,302
7 Night at the Museum Fox $11,464,626 4.6% 3,768 $3,043 M 2007 $250,863,268
8 Little Fockers Uni. $11,443,880 7.7% 3,554 $3,220 Sa 2011 $148,438,600
9 LotR: The Two Towers NL $11,040,273 3.2% 3,622 $3,048 W 2003 $342,551,365
10 LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring NL $10,248,284 3.3% 3,359 $3,051 T 2002 $315,544,750
11 MI - Ghost Protocol Par. $10,058,761 4.8% 3,455 $2,911 Su 2012 $209,397,903
Edited by terrestrial

The BO is already way higher as it to make sense to be 'disappointed' IMHO.

Already in the gravy area for me.

It's not that I thought records... are not possible (quite the opposite), but I do not expect them.

Budget/advertising, ... extra income via merchandise... upcomming to expect HV, and in this case rather high TV rights... also WORLDWIDE... Star Wars Land upcomming and so on, already celebration-worthy numbers.

Not thinking even 1 grain in another way about the numbers based on other movie's performance (no matter if I like or dislike them), but very fascinated to follow the ... ups and downs of the forum and the estimates / results, changes of them like this time based on closed down cinemas (reducing the max possible via the time-frame, as no around the clock is possible) and weather and....

Still giggle about certain 'red-necks' try's to get people to boycott the movie as it has no white mate lead in their opinion = created/started way before the release.

• Like 1

Shouldn't the sexist, racist rednecks have just been rooting for Kylo Ren? Still plenty of reason to see the movie, but just root for the First Order instead! lol. :P Far as I'm concerned everyone is welcome, every ticket counts the same whether the person is a genius philanthropist or a racist, sexist pig. LOL, j/k.

15 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Far as I'm concerned everyone is welcome, every ticket counts the same whether the person is a genius philanthropist or a racist, sexist pig. LOL, j/k.

Please edit your post, as happened to me too yesterday too with something I didn't even consider as such (fast edited by myself &...), some might consider the not quoted part as a spoiler

edit:

they are not informed, and money-wise I agree, but I am more than happy to not have to endure them.

One member reported a group of 3 coming into the screening salle / room, booing... loudly and then went out again

Edited by terrestrial

Oh I thought anything widely known from the first trailer isn't a spoiler? I've never written anything on FB, this forum, or any other forum that I'd consider a spoiler that's for sure. I cannot edit my post, though, the edit feature isn't working. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Oh I thought anything widely known from the first trailer isn't a spoiler? I've never written anything on FB, this forum, or any other forum that I'd consider a spoiler that's for sure. I cannot edit my post, though, the edit feature isn't working. 

I am not sure, but there are people who didn't even watch the trailers...

I  think it is not typical for the complete board.. only - for this movie as a try-out? - for the BO details thread of the day / weekend, so people who do not want to get spoiled still can read up on numbers.

My post was a joke-tweet including hair styles, uncles,...

In general:

for some the change of the back-ground theme and/or another browser worked, as far as I know they are already on it, the forums software had seemingly an update this weekend and broke some BOT specifics

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

The funny thing here, is that about 6 months ago, most of us would have been really happy with this result....for it's whole run.  

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $544,573,329    49.9%
Foreign:  $546,000,000    50.1%

Worldwide:  $1,090,573,329  

Speak for yourself, I would have thought that is MEDIOCRE!

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

This lady actually accused me of stealing money today.

She ordered a medium popcorn with extra real butter and a large diet coke and I told her it was 11.95. She almost freaked out and said there was no way it was that and that I was pocketing money. She slapped a ten dollar bill on the counter and I told her that she can't accuse me of that (I'm not pocketing money I swear to it guys). I told her to look at the prices and she complained she didn't have her glasses and couldn't read them.

LOL.

5 hours ago, spizzer said:

I take it you didn't read what I posted with that link.

Pre-09 3D boom movies are roughly accurately estimated on BOM.  Post-Avatar 3D boom movies are not.  TDK made 533M with 50M from IMAX, did 158.4M on OW with 6.3M from IMAX.  Avengers did 207.4M on OW with 83M from standard 3D, 16.6M from IMAX, 8.3M from PLF.  Guess how many tickets both sold on OW?  The same, about 22M (even had the same over/under 25 splits).  Guess which had a better multiplier from that OW?  TDK, ergo TDK sold more tickets.  

If Avengers held the same 3D/IMAX/PLF splits throughout its run, it would have sold roughly 65M tickets.  We know that it lost IMAX screens eventually so that isn't the case and non-Avatar films tend to see gradually declining 3D shares as well (but this decline is slow, case in point JW fell from 53% on its OW to 49% on its 2nd).  Avengers sold somewhere around 67-68M tickets in its overall run, well below TDK's 73.5M (BOM slightly overestimates TDK too, doesn't properly account for IMAX).  Jurassic World is even easier, its got 3 more years of inflation AND a higher overall 3D share than Avengers did (53% of which 33% is standard 3D, 12% IMAX, and 8% PLF).  It quite obviously fell a few million tickets short of Avengers, so forget TDK.  I have it at 62-63M tickets sold. 

Well the thing is, I don't really trust TDK fans on this one.   I say this because the number of TDK fans who wanted to talk about "admissions" when TDK was passing movies which sold more tickets was around ....zero.    Then when another movie...and I can't help noticing it's a Marvel movie...passed TDK, suddenly there was great effort among TDK fanbase to talk about admissions and try to twist and massage the 623m Avengers gross into less tickets than the 534m TDK gross.    I also can't help remembering all the "Avengers is for kids, TDK is for adults" talk....but then there is no effort to factor Avengers selling more kids tickets into the equation...which would of course boost admissions.    TDK fans kinda play it both ways on that one. 

And now you want to claim SW7 needs to gross 770 million to pass TDK.   Hmmmm....You wouldn't happen to be one of those "Batman can defeat Superman" people, would you?   ;) 

I see you were more than willing to post BOM as factual when you liked the TDK number, but now don't want to use them because you don't like the Avengers number.

If you want to talk admissions, well...that puts TDK at #30 on the all time list.   Can't really brag about TDK being in the top 5 if you are concerned about admissions.    Oh wait....that's #6 now, isn't it?   :D 

• Like 2