baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

LOL at Gitesh underlining 12.5 days. As if with that statement the record is less impressive!

Sorry Gitesh, for posterity it will be said SW7 broke the record in 12 days. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

What's it sitting at, ticket-wise? 55m or so? If so it needs to more than double its current gross to be in the same conversation as Titanic.

And that's fine. TFA's run is astoundingly strong. Whether it ends up as the most impressive run in history or not won't change that.

So what? Titanic never sold as many tickets as the original SW either.

If we're going by that distinction then it changes the game up completely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tokila said:

so 29.3. Nice to see it fall on the high end of Rth! ANNNND 600M!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-600-million-hateful-eight-tuesday-previews-1201674026/

BRO! Thanks for sharing that.

More good news!

This films is holding up really well. I just have to wonder how much it will drop this coming weekend. Is a 30% drop too much to hope for?

• Like 1

We are talking about TFA selling 100 million tickets, POSSIBLY. That isn't Titanic level. I don't like Titanic, I made that clear, but I respect Titanic as the *greatest modern run at the box office in HISTORY* and that's where I stand. BUT didn't ANH sell about 100 million tickets first run? Because it has had about 6 releases. 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, and 1997. So by my math 223M was the first-run gross with $2.25 average ticket sales. That's what I saw, at least. 

3 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

BRO! Thanks for sharing that.

More good news!

This films is holding up really well. I just have to wonder how much it will drop this coming weekend. Is a 30% drop too much to hope for?

I feel my model could be off, but based on tomorrow remaining flat, a 23% drop NE eve, and a 73% increase for NY Day (which is a friday) I have the weekend at 110-115 which is like a 22-25% drop. Sounds to go to be true, but the increase based on the dailies say this. 

edit. I will add this, if you take out Dec 17 previews, last week was only a 22% drop. And NY weekend is typically better for box office. 

Edited by tokila

2 minutes ago, picores said:

Guys what's the benchmark in dollars to pass 100m admissions domestic? TFA will be the first 100m adm movie since Titanic, passing easily the estimated 84m of The Phantom Menace. Exciting times at the box office.

About 1 billion, maybe a little less.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Ozymandias

1 minute ago, tokila said:

I feel my model could be off, but based on tomorrow remaining flat, a 23% drop NE eve, and a 73% increase for NY Day (which is a friday) I have the weekend at 110-115 which is like a 22-25% drop. Sounds to go to be true, but the increase based on the dailies say this. 

Dude, that would be sweet, if true.

I am gonna keep my fingers and toes crossed!

Edited by RogueLeader

3 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

Dude, that would be sweet, if true.

I am gonna keep my fingers and toes crossed!

I will add my model has been consistently low except for Sunday the 27th. (I had it at 47, and it came in at 43.5)

You know what this forum REALLY NEEDS for this movie? A thread that focuses more on the worldwide gross!

There has been so much focus on the Domestic gross, the foreign gross has been almost completely neglected.

I wonder what the final Worldwide gross will look like, especially after this thing opens in all territories like China! 

• Like 1

I have it above Avatar on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. That would still be Day 19. That is ridiculous, if it passes the previous #1 in just 19 days. Even 20 days. WAY too soon. Everyone here, on this forum, called Avatar done by Day 4. That SHOULD NOT HAPPEN lol. I mean wow. Too crazy. 

ICYMI, Star Wars: The Force Awakens crossed £70m at the UK box office -

edit:

that's a re-tweet of an article I posted already in yesterday's thread

Including Monday [Dec 28], The Force Awakens is up to a remarkable $106.7m (£72.1m) after just 12 days in play. Yesterday’s tally of $9.3m (£6.25m) broke its own $8.6m (£5.83m) record for the biggest ever Monday at the UK box office

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

You know what this forum REALLY NEEDS for this movie? A thread that focuses more on the worldwide gross!

There has been so much focus on the Domestic gross, the foreign gross has been almost completely neglected.

I wonder what the final Worldwide gross will look like, especially after this thing opens in all territories like China! 

Completely agreed ? Main focus has been on DOM but its foriegn market has also been astounding, WW number looks sweeter than DOM. 

4 minutes ago, Greylemur said:

Back to Disney's unwillingness to fudge: aren't there bonuses/percentages that kick in at specific milestones?  So it isn't necessarily in their interest to fudge a smidge if it looks like 999,999,999.50?

I am pretty sure that ammount for dom wasn't part of any cast's / crew contract.

• Like 2