CJohn

Wednesday The Force Awakens Estimates - 28M (Rth) | 27.2 - 27.9 (DHD)

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

From the Bay Area dude, my family is very heavy cal Berkeley & I joined mojo long before I was a student there.

Ah, cool. I've got the same basic background (parents had a lot of Cal connections, though they didn't go to school there). I even went to school in the Pac NW too -- drove through Eugene many a time. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Caladbolg said:

It does seem steep but a possibility. Since New Years Eve normally sees 20% or more drops, add in the College Football Playoff it could impact movies. CFP starts at 4pm (Eastern) and another game starts at 8pm ET, so unless a ton people go this morning then yeah.  If it does drop that hard hopefully it makes it back up with a bigger than "normal"  Friday bump.

Most movies see less  than a 20% drop when NYE falls on a tues-thur. With a few percent daily burn factored in over smaller grossers, then just over 20% sounds right. There are games every year on the 31st. Nothing different here.

Just now, No Prisoners said:

Most movies see less  than a 20% drop when NYE falls on a tues-thur. With a few percent daily burn factored in over smaller grossers, then just over 20% sounds right. There are games every year on the 31st. Nothing different here.

there's quite a big difference between no name nothing bowls and this year having the National Championship playoff semi finals on today.  It's like saying the AFC and NFC championship games in the NFL are just preseason games ;) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Thank you!

And :welcome: 

The perfect time to join, or?

I only hope you like it too when the normal BOs will be back.

But the Forum has so many areas, much to find if interested also in non-movies themes, International, China, ... or many many more areas 

Thank you. 

From the UK myself so international B.O is great to follow (Especially China these days) but Domestic box office has me most interested.

Naturally films I'm passionate about I have the deepest resonance & interest in financially.

I registered the other day hoping I'd overcome the board issues but now I've stuck my neck out... I may just join in from time to time.

;)

• Like 1

Just now, No Prisoners said:

There are games every year on the 31st. Nothing different here.

Actually, this year is different. Used to be New Years Eve was when unimportant bowl games were played -- all the prestigious and famous traditional bowls were played on New Years Day or later. But this year -- for the first time -- the college football semifinal games are being played today. Last year -- the first year the playoff system was in place -- the semifinal games got huge ratings (although they were played on New Years Day). This year is the first time they're being played on NYE. We should see an impact -- only question is how much. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DCpete said:

Thank you. 

From the UK myself so international B.O is great to follow (Especially China these days) but Domestic box office has me most interested.

Naturally films I'm passionate about I have the deepest resonance & interest in financially.

I registered the other day hoping I'd overcome the board issues but now I've stuck my neck out... I may just join in from time to time.

;)

very good time to join in and let me also say welcome @DCpete :)

• Like 1

I realize Tele is talking college and he is the full hot order here, so if he is talking it, I guess it stands......but is it not possible to take it to the CCC and just keep this box office talk?

. climbs to $664.1M Int'l plus $629M in Nth America = $1.293BN worldwide. Not too shabby.

Universal:
Sisters                 $3,183,190       -1%     2,962         0    $1,075    $46,842,640    
Krampus                 $220,115     -30%    1,168    -1133      $188    $41,333,325    
Legend (2015)            $5,030      -4%         19       -59       $265    $1,849,559    

Sisters is going to one of those 75-80 million dollar hits that we look back on in 5 years and have no recollection of it but somehow it put up good numbers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Sisters is going to one of those 75-80 million dollar hits that we look back on in 5 years and have no recollection of it but somehow it put up good numbers.

I thought the movie was a lot of fun so the good legs over the holidays don't surprise me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

There will only be BTFA (Before The Force Awakens) and ATFA (After The Force Awakens). Unfortunately for Sisters, it's DTFA (During The Force Awakens), a time when all other films were forgotten. 

• Like 3