CJohn

Wednesday The Force Awakens Estimates - 28M (Rth) | 27.2 - 27.9 (DHD)

20 minutes ago, 75live said:

there's quite a big difference between no name nothing bowls and this year having the National Championship playoff semi finals on today.  It's like saying the AFC and NFC championship games in the NFL are just preseason games ;) 

lol, so true plus you've 2 traditional powerhouses playing with OU and Bama. I would be happy with 25% drop today because jump tomorrow should be at or over 80%. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Actually, this year is different. Used to be New Years Eve was when unimportant bowl games were played -- all the prestigious and famous traditional bowls were played on New Years Day or later. But this year -- for the first time -- the college football semifinal games are being played today. Last year -- the first year the playoff system was in place -- the semifinal games got huge ratings (although they were played on New Years Day). This year is the first time they're being played on NYE. We should see an impact -- only question is how much. 

Haven't been following CF. Good to know. I still believe the fight was just 7% impact for aou. Less than that for a college game. Sticking with 25% or less drop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Haven't been following CF. Good to know. I still believe the fight was just 7% impact for aou. Less than that for a college game. Sticking with 25% or less drop.

Noway to quantify how much fight impacted AoU opening Saturday, all we know it was deflated by how much is just all guess work. As for SW7, I think drop will be high 20s maybe even 30-31% followed by 85-90% jump tomorrow.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Final 2015 total box office = RMB 44.069 trillion ($6.8 billion), +48.7% from 2014. Local films = 61.58%, Imported = 38.42%

Impressive. So in 2 years, Chinese BO will be bigger than domestic if it continues the same pace. 

12 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

So SW just had another 64 million dollar day WW.

Ho hum

lol, so true. Most people are becoming numb to the numbers and when no other movie comes close for a decade than people realize how earth-shattering run this has been. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Noway to quantify how much fight impacted AoU opening Saturday, all we know it was deflated by how much is just all guess work. As for SW7, I think drop will be high 20s maybe even 30-31% followed by 85-90% jump tomorrow.  

Very easy to quantify fight. The Sunday drop relative to other movies. No brainer. No fight, still no 200m OW period.

That was a 7% hit. This will be less than 5%, rating not as big for semifinal and SW7 has more demos than AOU that also won't be watching football. 

I very been all for a playoff system. They picked a stupid day for it.