baumer

RTH Thursday SW around 23 (celebration!!)

36 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I think there is a very good chance it fails to beat Avatar 1 domestic. It was THE 3D event of the century so far. That's an insane amount of hype for even Cameron to have to top.

Phenomenons cannot be predicted, they can only be speculated correctly. Avatar's success was a perfect storm of many factors, a perfect storm that cannot and will not be replicated. And before anyone calls me a SW fan(which I am, but that's irrelevant to my point), I am predicting Episode 8 to fall noticeably from the phenomenon that is Episode 7, no matter how good it is. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Phenomenons cannot be predicted, they can only be speculated correctly. Avatar's success was a perfect storm of many factors, a perfect storm that cannot and will not be replicated. And before anyone calls me a SW fan(which I am, but that's irrelevant to my point), I am predicting Episode 8 to fall noticeably from the phenomenon that is Episode 7, no matter how good it is. 

Ep8 will still make $700m haha

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Agreed. Even if EP8 is the best Star Wars movie ever and has a 99 RT rating it will fall 20-30% from TFA's domestic total. 

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Agreed. Even if EP8 is the best Star Wars movie ever and has a 99 RT rating it will fall 20-30% from TFA's domestic total. 

Similar to episodes 4 and 5 and, as far as sequels are concerned, it doesn't get any better than The Empire Strikes Back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Ep8 will still make $700m haha

Most likely. But the bar for a phenomenon that has the name Star Wars attached to it has been raised precipitously. 700 would be to the SW franchise what 450 has become to the Avengers or Batman franchises. ;)

Yes, if SW8 makes less than 750m, the word "flop" will be thrown around on here like it is going out of style. It will be quite amusing...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Hey guys....any numbers?

HAHAHAHA 

Not even drunk interns from THR and DHD are giving us numbers like in Christmas. 

Just now, tokila said:

maybe the numbers are so bad that Rth is too depressed to post them. 

Likely he logged on, saw how happy everyone was then didn't want to kill the mood.

25m fri confirmed