baumer

RTH Thursday SW around 23 (celebration!!)

I watched the force awakens and it was a really good film. All my friends liked it too. Although there were a few slow parts for me it was an overall amazing experience. The theater was 70% full in normal viewing. From NJ

• Like 4

35m.

:sarah: 

edit: as usual, DHD's numbers are all over the place.

By end of Sunday, Force Awakens’ total will stand at $744.8M, just $15.7M short of Avatar‘s all-time domestic record. This would put Force Awakens in a position to own the all-time crown by end of Monday.

If you use their numbers, they're expecting something like a 22-23m Sunday, in which case there's no chance in hell it'll pass AVATAR by Monday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

35m.

:sarah: 

edit: as usual, DHD's numbers are all over the place.

If you use their numbers, they're expecting something like a 22-23m Sunday, in which case there's no chance in hell it'll pass AVATAR by Monday.

They can't even get the "day of" numbers right, much less extrapolate the weekend down to the hundred thousand range lolol

If they're saying $35 million right now, it'll probably come in at $37 million. 

• Like 1

Yeah that math makes no sense whatsoever. If it needs $15M or something after this weekend, that's by end of business on Tuesday. I think it can hit $10M on Monday but don't expect more. I think $40M or so mid-week sounds right to me. Anywhere from $35M at worst to $45M at best, most likely. 

I was hoping for more like $38M Friday and Saturday, with more like $22M Sunday or something like that.