Water Bottle

Water Bottle's Top 12 Films of 2015 (So Far)

6 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

So far this year I don't really have any outlandish picks in my Top 10. Last year I ended up with The Raid 2 and The Guest.

Nothing outlandish about picking two amazing films in your top 10. Just good common sense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blan Solo said:

Sicario scariest film?

You should check out It Follows

It is. While It Follows

Spoiler

manages successfully to build up an eerie, uncomfortable atmosphere, in the end it is "just" a movie about "paranormal events" (though I understand there is a deeper message beyond that). A fantasy movie with an agenda if you will.

With Sicario, things go in another direction.

Spoiler

While for some the way a government tries to fight/manipulate the war against drugs may be the real scare here, for me, simpleton that I am, it was the pictures of the mutilated drug war victims, either being disposed of in horrific ways, or being used in a near tribal/animalistic way to intimidate everybody that might think of going against the grain. The verbal picture of the mutilation of del Toros' character's family was another one. While Sicario isn't my first about drug wars and I sure read about the atrocities constantly happening in and around Mexico, the thought (and fear) to come around a corner at the wrong time in such a hostile place constantly lured about me throughout the whole movie and scared me to no end.

An accomplishment not many movies can boast off about.

Edited by incognitoo
correcting typo
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

Time for my number one reveal. For real.

Inside Out

I remember reading an article back when the movie first came out that this wasn't just a spectacular Pixar movie: it was the rare movie that could actually make you think about how you perceive the world. I don't know how right that article was but it sure did capture my imagination. It's delightful from beginning to end, making me laugh and making me feel things. I guess feeling things during a movie about emotions shouldn't be surprising but one of the most difficult things for any movie, especially an animated movie that distances itself from reality by the simple virtue of being animated, is to make the audience really and actually care about the characters. Inside Out is the kind of movie that makes Pixar the top dog even if they have stumbled in the last couple of years. It's the kind of movie that could only work as an animation and it takes full advantage of this fact. Now for all the imaginary friends that have come and gone, let's raise our cups to what is the best movie of the year: Inside Out.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Bravo, WB. At least this way we might be able to -- together -- come across some kind of redemption.

No redemption for me? Mad Max was in 2nd as well in my list :ohmyzod: 

• Like 3