#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am odd, I can watch Ben Hur or Once Upon a time in the West at home but sitting over  2.5 in a theater I hate it. 

I would not say that I hate it, it kinda depends on the audience though. Modern audiences tend to... "complicate" ones cinematic experience so I try to take that into account before booking a ticket for a 3+ hrs. movie.

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Can we keep the snow on here all year? I wanna discuss ID42's opening in June with the falling flakes. 

We can keep the snow on as long as my mom keeps her Christmas tree up

So all year

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

TOOTSIE doesn't count?

was referring to just to the top ten adjusted

may be if Hoffman died or war broke out during the soap it could've made it

war or catastrophe has to break out, somebody has to die or up and leave to make the list

GWTW Civil War, Rhett leaves

Star Wars  Well war is in the title. a lot of people died. Don't really remember the movie, not my genre, fell asleep and just followed the BO on that one

Sound of music. war about to break out the von traps got the fuck out of there before they all died during Adel vise

ET. The military got involve, ET gave the finger and left

Titanic. Catastrophe. Rose wouldn't give Leo any wood after he gave her some in the car and he freezes to death. That headboard was huge! Cant believe she threw a goziliion dollar jewel overboard, if she threw that anchor of a jewel overboard they could have satyed afloat together and lived happily everafter  The movie wold have just made 100m and Cameron would have died. He kept a razor blade nearby while editing. seriously

Ten Commandments  War. Lots of Jews Die, then Moses opens a can of whoopass and lots of Egyptians die and then they all leave Egypt

Jaws Catastrophe hits to ruin the summer season. Quinn dies. I loved that curmudgeon bastard. The shark dies then they leave on a paddle boat

Dr Z. War, he dies

Sleeping Beauty. War in the kingdom. Asleep for a long time which is like being dead, then wakes up and leaves happily ever after

See. War death and leaving. Tootsie just doesn't qualify

• Like 2

One of the newer theaters here the tickets are only about 6 dollars which is quite nice. There use to be more theaters, just not as many screens. (One of the best theaters I saw was in Utah btw)

The theater where the tickets are 6 dollars has fantastic seats also-they recline and you can pick where you sit like in other states!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Rogue One is my most anticipated movie this year because of the aspect ratio alone.

Am I the only that thinks a prequel about stealing the Death Star plans is a dumb idea?  It'll be the 4th SW movie with a Death Star.

Just now, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Will keep this stub for history, and also plan on going and keeping the stub the day it hits 1 billion domestic.

Cool, I use to collect stubs, though where I live they are now like receipts and no longer look like cool tickets anymore.

• Like 1

Films that previously were the biggest film ever:
Snow White

Gone with the Wind

Ten Commandments (read also that Ben Hur might have been, not 100% sure though)

Sound of Music

Jaws

Star Wars

ET

Titanic

I once read The Sting was even the biggest film ever at one point, further proof that the records are sketchy.

• Like 2

I like to think Rose hogging the shit out of that wood and leaving Jack to die was symbolic of all the poor people left to die as the rich grabbed all the life boats.  Her tossing the jewel at the end further rubbed in that she was a selfish entitled bitch.  You don't want it, donate it!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Impact said:

Cool, I use to collect stubs, though where I live they are now like receipts and no longer look like cool tickets anymore.

TIFF put on a Kubrick retrospective last year and I got a stub to each of his films. Meaning to get them framed.

12 minutes ago, Impact said:

Films that previously were the biggest film ever:
Snow White

Gone with the Wind

Ten Commandments (read also that Ben Hur might have been, not 100% sure though)

Sound of Music

Jaws

Star Wars

ET

Titanic

I once read The Sting was even the biggest film ever at one point, further proof that the records are sketchy.

Sting was biggest film of 1974

• Like 4