baumer

Baumer's Top 50 of 2015 5) Creed 4) Jurassic World 3) Trumbo 2) It Follows...number one on pg 13

It's been an off year for me.  I usually see anywhere from 90-110 films a year at the theater.  This year, I counted 75.  I have been watching about a movie a night at home as well and a lot of those are straight to DVD films like the John Travolta/Robert DeNiro film Killing Season, or Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac Volume 1 and 2.  So I guess I've been spending a lot of time at the home theater as well.

I am going to finish three or films today and then I will do my top 50.  I reviewed my grades for every film I saw this year and shockingly there are many films on here that mirror what critics are hailing as some of the best.  I guess my film taste is changing as I get older. 

Two films that will not make my top anything this year are The Hunger Games Mockingjay 2, which is one of the worst films of all time, and Avengers AOU, which got a 5/10.  

My top 5 is set, unless Room, The Big Short, Trumbo or Danish girl gets in there.  You might think number one is obvious, and you might be wrong.  There will definitely be a few in here that will be mild surprises.  

I'll get started soon.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Looks like at least 45/50 films that make this list will have ranked at least an 8/10.

Only two are given 10/10.

I am always curious to see your list, moreso just to see what we have different since if I ever really put work into one, we would probably have 99% the same :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

/reads thread

/is disappointed the countdown hasn't started yet

Need to Trumbo, Danish Girl, Room and Big Short.

I'm loving Trumbo already.

You guys might be surprised at my list.

For the first time ever, a Pixar film will make it.

There will be two Canadian/Irish co-productions on my list.

At least one horror film.

Some good popcorn stuff

and some film that takes a long time ago

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Wild guess at your top 10:

Hidden Content

Interesting.

But I haven't even figured out my top ten yet. :)

• Like 1

Aside from seeing a few more things in theaters, here's some of the films I'm trying to catch via Netflix before I do my list:

99 Homes

Slow West

Bone Tomahawk

Far From the Madding Crowd

Amy

Clouds of Sils Maria

While We're Young

A Walk in the Woods

Straight Outta Compton

etc

• Like 2