Alpha

88TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS Discussion Topic (LIVE! Today's discussion begins on pg 33)

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Spotify's Trending in Film station is diverse. They've got Deadpool Rap, Revenant Main Theme and Glory by Common to kick things off.

On my itunes I make a compilation album of music in film every year.

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

What's really interesting to me is BP is actually one of the most competitive categories, you have Revenant at 69% & Spotlight (18%) /Big Short (10%) combine at better than 4/1 (28%). What are your thoughts guys? 

I'd swap TBS and Spotlight

“Universal is going to have the biggest movie in history with this movie,” Vin Diesel told Variety. “It will probably win best picture at the Oscars, unless the Oscars don’t want to be relevant ever.

“The head of the studio, Ron Meyer, often said when ‘Fast 5′ or ‘Fast 6′ came out, ‘If there was no number attached to these movies, they would be contenders for best picture.’ And when people see ‘Furious 7,’ they are going to agree.”

AMPAS is way too infatuated with their cute indie, artsy fartsy movies.

The movies of the people get no respect, as usual.

Edited by The Futurist

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

“Universal is going to have the biggest movie in history with this movie,” Vin Diesel told Variety. “It will probably win best picture at the Oscars, unless the Oscars don’t want to be relevant ever.

“The head of the studio, Ron Meyer, often said when ‘Fast 5′ or ‘Fast 6′ came out, ‘If there was no number attached to these movies, they would be contenders for best picture.’ And when people see ‘Furious 7,’ they are going to agree.”

AMPAS is way too infatuated with their cute indie, artsy fartsy movies.

The movies of the people get no respect, as usual.

Well, the "Movie of the people" last year was Star Wars, and it got 5 Oscar nominations. 

• Like 1