efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

That's quite the list right there, wonder if we could find ANYTHING in common other than that fact among them?

all are rotten at RT?

And the rating goes downhill:

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Oh, can you please explain me then why is Spielberg considered a draw and Bay no, when BOS had a lower OW than 13H, and it's going to finish only slight above despite the amazing reviews + a big star?  

The audience for Bridge of Spies (which was old as hell) is not the kind that rushes out opening weekend, which is what one would expect from the more action-centric 13 Hours. Also, Spies made $70M while 13 Hours is going to make like $50M at best. Nice try.

Phenomenal for The Revenant. On its way to $175 million+. If it weren't for the $140 million budget :D 

Ride Along 2 should get $95-105 million... not bad for a comedy sequel

SW7 on its way to $950 million, potentially

Daddy's Home quietly reaches $150 million :ph34r:

Big Short on its way to $75-85 million DOM

Sisters just might reach $95-100 million.. Alvin 4 did great considering how much competition it had 

Spotlight may reach $40 million+ if it continues expanding each week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I find it funny how conservatives like Fox News were bashing Hateful Eight because of Tarantino's comments but now their pet movie will be lucky to make it's budget back.

I doubt they care.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I find it funny how conservatives like Fox News were bashing Hateful Eight because of Tarantino's comments but now their pet movie will be lucky to make it's budget back.

politics aside, 13 Hours will make the same or more than other movies targeted to adult audiences like Sicario, Everest, Hateful Eight, and Joy. While it is definitely no hit, it is not performing so badly it is doing something out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Any idea how such kind of movie may be perceived in OS?

I have no 'feel' for Bay in such a case, but as the movie's story isn't comparable to ... is event the correct term?

Like 9/11, big impact worldwide, 13hour's back-story... not so much. Story less important than it being a Bay movie?

= I really have no idea about OS for that movie.

South Korea Box Office: 'The Revenant' Among Top Fox Openings of All Time

Edited by terrestrial

Completely anecdotal, but I think Revenant has legitimately good WoM and it's not just riding off of Oscar noms.

Everything I've heard people say about it has been 

"That was so good" (coming out of the theater)

My friends and family have all raved about it

My barber said he had only heard great things about it

Then add to the fact it has been having fantastic holds. (Better than other movies that got major Oscar noms the week after they opened)

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The audience for Bridge of Spies (which was old as hell) is not the kind that rushes out opening weekend, which is what one would expect from the more action-centric 13 Hours. Also, Spies made $70M while 13 Hours is going to make like $50M at best. Nice try.

But 13 Hours's audiences are not that young too. From Deadline,

Like Zero Dark Thirty, 13 Hours drew an older male crowd at 55% men and 79% over 25. There was also a sizeable portion over 50 (39%). Audiences at 79% turned out because of their interest in the Benghazi attacks. 13 Hours’ ‘A’ CinemaScore gives it a 3.6 multiple, which puts the film at a projected domestic final B.O. of $68M+. Rentrak’s Post-Trak movie poll service reports that 60% of those who watched 13 Hours will recommend it to their friends, while 33% said that they would probably recommend it. Paramount hopes that solid word of mouth spreads to the heartland, as that region was too consumed with Leonardo DiCaprio’s 12-Oscar nominated western The Revenant this weekend which is posting a FSSM of $35M.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Completely anecdotal, but I think Revenant has legitimately good WoM and it's not just riding off of Oscar noms.

Then add to the fact it has been having fantastic holds. (Better than other movies that got major Oscar noms the week after they opened)

It has to for that drop this weekend. People don't care enough about award shows for that to be the only source for the hold. 

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

It has to for that drop this weekend. People don't care enough about award shows for that to be the only source for the hold. 

Exactly, all of that, "Inarritu is too inaccessible for the dumb GA" is a bunch of bull.

9 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I love you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Exactly, all of that, "Inarritu is too inaccessible for the dumb GA" is a bunch of bull.

Well, he usually is. Admittedly TR was much more mainstream than I ever expected it to be. Thought the violence would be a lot worse for one. Maybe we're getting numb to stuff these days, but I didn't even find the mauling particularly intense. And here I thought it was going to be like the most graphic thing in film based on the pre-release talk. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Any idea how such kind of movie may be perceived in OS?

I have no 'feel' for Bay in such a case, but as the movie's story isn't comparable to ... is event the correct term?

Like 9/11, big impact worldwide, 13hour's back-story... not so much. Story less important than it being a Bay movie?

= I really have no idea about OS for that movie.

South Korea Box Office: 'The Revenant' Among Top Fox Openings of All Time

IDK how 13 Hours will fare OS and how many markets Paramount will put it in. Because of Hillary Clinton it definitely skews towards Americans. 

• Like 1