1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

No eBay here too, LMFAO

Did you watch TB? It will be released next week here and it's receiving a lot of buzz, I'm super hyped! 

No didn't see The Boy.  I may at some point, but nothing about it made me want to rush out to watch it

4 minutes ago, 75live said:

No didn't see The Boy.  I may at some point, but nothing about it made me want to rush out to watch it

Well, you should, it is receiving great WOM! It dropped only 50% this weekend, TF dropped 75% in the same week

Latin America loves horror with dolls, Annabelle had a massive performance here, biggest horror ever in this region, The Boy will be a male version of Anna :lol: 

Well, you should, it is receiving great WOM! It dropped only 50% this weekend, TF dropped 75% in the same week

Latin America loves horror with dolls, Annabelle had a massive performance here, biggest horror ever in this region, The Boy will be a male version of Anna :lol: 

it may be getting good WOM there, but not here :P

besides without reading anything about it, I already can figure out what happens  I won't write it down because it would be a spoiler 

5 minutes ago, 75live said:

it may be getting good WOM there, but not here :P

besides without reading anything about it, I already can figure out what happens  I won't write it down because it would be a spoiler 

Wow, you're too smart, I never get the twist before it happens, I remember that I was shocked with The Visit's twist because I never expected it :lol: 

Wow, you're too smart, I never get the twist before it happens, I remember that I was shocked with The Visit's twist because I never expected it :lol: 

not sure about the too smart thing, but thanks :P

i usually do get the twist which is why I hate when even in the advertising, they say "oh a twist you won't see coming".  That is literally an invitation to figure it out when if I didn't even expect a twist, it would at least be some sort of a surprise :P 

for instance, the original Saw, not saying it was great, but I never guessed the ending because I didn't even think there would be a twist.  So in that instance, it surprised me.  I prefer it that way 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 75live said:

not sure about the too smart thing, but thanks :P

i usually do get the twist which is why I hate when even in the advertising, they say "oh a twist you won't see coming".  That is literally an invitation to figure it out when if I didn't even expect a twist, it would at least be some sort of a surprise :P 

for instance, the original Saw, not saying it was great, but I never guessed the ending because I didn't even think there would be a twist.  So in that instance, it surprised me.  I prefer it that way 

Haha, maybe you need start being a bit slow like me, so, you can enjoy movies with a twist? :P

You probably can get twists quickly, because you already saw several horror movies (?) I also watched a lot of horror movies, but I still have problems to see a twist coming...... Oh, and talking about Saw, it is the only horror franchise that I never liked, not even the first movie is good to me 

Haha, maybe you need start being a bit slow like me, so, you can enjoy movies with a twist? :P

You probably can get twists quickly, because you already saw several horror movies (?) I also watched a lot of horror movies, but I still have problems to see a twist coming...... Oh, and talking about Saw, it is the only horror franchise that I never liked, not even the first movie is good to me 

yeah sometimes it is hard to turn off my brain :P   

but I have seen so many movies period (guess it shows my age too lol), that yeah you can see anything coming in just about any movie.  Also after seeing so many, you realize that every movie is basically a retelling of another movie.  But I still love movies so I can get past that and with most films, I still go in just wanting ot like it.  Only afterwards if I don't like it then I can tear it apart and say it stole from other films :P 

5 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah sometimes it is hard to turn off my brain :P   

but I have seen so many movies period (guess it shows my age too lol), that yeah you can see anything coming in just about any movie.  Also after seeing so many, you realize that every movie is basically a retelling of another movie.  But I still love movies so I can get past that and with most films, I still go in just wanting ot like it.  Only afterwards if I don't like it then I can tear it apart and say it stole from other films :P 

Oh, you're a 50 years old man, I see :P 

you're so right about a movie being a copy of another movie, especially in the horror genre, this happens in almost evey single Blumhouse production, that's the bad thing of having a studio monopolizing a genre.....

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Oh, you're a 50 years old man, I see :P 

you're so right about a movie being a copy of another movie, especially in the horror genre, this happens in almost evey single Blumhouse production, that's the bad thing of having a studio monopolizing a genre.....

lol   no, not 50 :P

but yeah horror films do tend to copy a lot since it is cheap and I am sure a lot of people didn't see the other version.  Like that movie You're Next was a remake of an Alyssa Milano film that no one saw :P 

31 minutes ago, 75live said:

lol   no, not 50 :P

but yeah horror films do tend to copy a lot since it is cheap and I am sure a lot of people didn't see the other version.  Like that movie You're Next was a remake of an Alyssa Milano film that no one saw :P 

LMFAO, I had no idea it was a remake :lol: 

I have no problem with Americans making remakes of foreigner movies that nobody saw, it just need to be good, because, let's be honest, if wasn't for America, we would not even know these movies anyway 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

LMFAO, I have no idea it was a remake :lol: 

I have no problem with Americans making remakes of foreigner movies that nobody saw, it just need to be good, because, let's be honest, if wasn't for America, we would not even know these movies anyway 

yeah there are a lot of American remakes and I don't mind that either.  Some are at least just as good so I don't mind.  Plus like you said, a lot of people wouldn't even know some of them.  Like I personally prefer the US version of Let Me Go to the foreign original.  But that's me

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah there are a lot of American remakes and I don't mind that either.  Some are at least just as good so I don't mind.  Plus like you said, a lot of people wouldn't even know some of them.  Like I personally prefer the US version of Let Me Go to the foreign original.  But that's me

Talking about this...... Where's the remake of Martyrs? The original movie is one of the most brutal movies that I ever watched, I wonder if the American version will be so hardcore as the original