5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

With Don't Breathe doing so well critically, this has been quite the summer for acclaimed horror. The Conjuring 2, The Shallows, Lights Out, and Don't Breathe are all some of the best critically received horror of the decade. 

And let's not forget about TP3 once again surpassing the previous movie and having the best legs of the franchise!

Oh, and talking about legs, I would like to notice that most of horror movies released this year are having good/great legs, we already had 3 movie with a 3.0x multiple, and maybe DB will join it soon. Even hyped sequels are managing 2.5x, this is really incredible for the genre, it is becoming back loaded. 

6 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why don't you liked GI? Don't you like Roth? 

I already noticied that you're not into Wan style since Insidious 1, tbh, haha. 

I like Eli Roth but I thought Green Inferno was ridiculous. I found myself laughing at it, rather than with it. 

Yeh, with Wan, I like Insidious 2, Saw and both Conjuring films. 

I dont like Insidious, Dead Silence, Death Sentence or Furious 7. 

The Witch was pretty fantastic.  Probably my favorite movie of the year as a whole.

10 Cloverfield Lane, The Shallows, and Lights Out are all great.

The Boy was pretty lame, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was boring as hell. Definitely didn't live up to the title.

Thats all I've seen for horror this year.

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I like Eli Roth but I thought Green Inferno was ridiculous. I found myself laughing at it, rather than with it. 

Yeh, with Wan, I like Insidious 2, Saw and both Conjuring films. 

I dont like Insidious, Dead Silence, Death Sentence or Furious 7. 

I'm pretty sure that the reason why you don't like Insidious 1 is because the whole: Scream 4 x Insidious 1 feud, haha. I remember it was a huge discussion in the fandom back in 2011, because NOBODY saw Insidious surpassing S4.

6 hours ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

The Witch was pretty fantastic.  Probably my favorite movie of the year as a whole.

10 Cloverfield Lane, The Shallows, and Lights Out are all great.

The Boy was pretty lame, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was boring as hell. Definitely didn't live up to the title.

Thats all I've seen for horror this year.

How the hell you haven't watched TC2 yet? 

I was surprised at how much I found myself enjoying The Witch, I'm usually not into these atmospheric horror movies, I hated It Follows, but TW is so intense, we can feel the tension being built during the whole movie until it comes to that epic climax, that's the kind of movie where the characters are so well developed, that you feel as a part of that family. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm pretty sure that the reason why you don't like Insidious 1 is because the whole: Scream 4 x Insidious 1 feud, haha. I remember it was a huge discussion in the fandom back in 2011, because NOBODY saw Insidious surpassing S4.

Lol, that was infuriating.

I seen it quite late into it's cinema run and let it get overhyped. I enjoyed the first 40 mins alot. Then it went too far.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

How the hell you haven't watched TC2 yet? 

I was surprised at how much I found myself enjoying The Witch, I'm usually not into these atmospheric horror movies, I hated It Follows, but TW is so intense, we can feel the tension being built during the whole movie until it comes to that epic climax, that's the kind of movie where the characters are so well developed, that you feel as a part of that family. 

Conjuring 2 will be watched when it hits Google Play :)

I really loved It Follows too :mellow: 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lol, that was infuriating.

I seen it quite late into it's cinema run and let it get overhyped. I enjoyed the first 40 mins alot. Then it went too far.

Yeah, that's the consensus about Insidious: Great two acts and a terrible climax. But Insidious 2 was an even bigger mess, that's why I don't get you liking it and not the first one, haha. 

22 hours ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Conjuring 2 will be watched when it hits Google Play :)

I really loved It Follows too :mellow: 

I'm pretty sure that you will love TC2, it's better than the original movie, IMO.

About It Follows: I hated it when I watched for the first time in cinema, probably because there was a bunch of annoying teenagers, but it scared me a lot when I watched it alone at home, probably because I was thinking how the hell I would escape from my room if there was a creature following me, haha, this is definitely a movie that grow a lot in the second time. Have you watched Babadook btw? It's the last one of the golden trio of indie horror in this decade: TW/IF/B.  

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm pretty sure that you will love TC2, it's better than the original movie, IMO.

About It Follows: I hated it when I watched for the first time in cinema, probably because there was a bunch of annoying teenagers, but it scared me a lot when I watched it alone at home, probably because I was thinking how the hell I would escape from my room if there was a creature following me, haha, this is definitely a movie that grow a lot in the second time. Have you watched Babadook btw? It's the last one of the golden trio of indie horror in this decade: TW/IF/B.  

No, haven't watched Babadook yet.  I'll try to in the near future :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So you dislike anything horror besides haunted houses and slashers? :P

Far from it.

I watch every horror film released.

Haunted house is very low down on my list.

Favourite horror films tend to be slashers: Scream, I Know, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street

But scariest: Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, The Others, The Orphanage, Candyman.

Edited by Krissykins