Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

6 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It was probably because the movie not only doesn't have an ending, but it flat out tells you to go check out a website to find out what happened next. Very lazy. It would be like going to a Restaurant and getting a crappy meal, then for dessert they just give you a list of ingredients ands places to get them so you can make it at home.

Isn't the car accident the ending of the movie? There are more after this? lol

1 minute ago, lab276 said:

In events like these, I wonder why on earth anyone would live on the East Coast.

because it's awesome and this doesn't happen that often ;) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Moose said:

If TFA has a multiplier close to what it had last weekend, it could go back to no. 1

Not possible, though, Sunday drops were smaller because of MLK Holiday + the storm is gonna hit harder on Saturday.

Although I'm not sure if Saturday night is gonna be worse than Friday night, or if I'm holding to thing that won't make much of a difference in the end.

Edited by JohnnY

47 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

this movie is based in one of the most popular soap operas of this decade here, and since you guys love our soap operas, I have no doubts that this one will be HUGE there once that they show on TV 

It is Os Dez Mandamentos, isn't it? It already premiered here on portuguese Record, but that is cable only. It should reach one of our main open channels soon (SIC). 

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Yep! It's ODM, did you watch it? 

No, I am not a big fan of soap operas, but I know ratings were pretty big here considering it was airing on a cable channel. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lab276 said:

In events like these, I wonder why on earth anyone would live on the East Coast.

Why would anyone live in New York, Boston or Philly?  That's like asking why would anyone live in Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra.  ;)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

No, I am not a big fan of soap operas, but I know ratings were pretty big here considering it was airing on a cable channel. 

I wonder if Record will release the movie there too, they're trying hard to turn it into "the biggest phenomenon ever" here, I wonder if they will give the same push in Portugal, so, they can say that it is a WW phenomenon, lol 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I wonder if Record will release the movie there too, they're trying hard to turn it into "the biggest phenomenon ever" here, I wonder if they will give the same push in Portugal, so, they can say that it is a WW phenomenon, lol 

I guess that if the soap opera ends up passing in SIC and has strong ratings, one of our distributors will likely try to buy the rights to release the movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bishop54 said:

I live just outside of the reach of this monster storm in N.Y., dodged a bullet this time.

My part of NY had its snow forecast jump from a couple inches to 5-10 overnight. The storm tracked 50-60 miles further west than the big prediction models thought it would.

Edited by 4815162342

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

D4DFn2P.gif

I would be doing this today but I drank my last beer last night. Might have to run out in a couple hours to grab some extra supplies for the do-nothing bunker-down day of today.

• Like 1