Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

39 minutes ago, Filmovie said:

The Renevant won't clear 200 M domestic. There's really no way, IMHO

It makes you wonder how much of that great hold last weekend was mainly due to the Oscar noms + Globe wins. Coz the WOM I've personally been hearing isn't really all that strong, to be honest.

Let's see though. This weekend could be an anomaly because of the storm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Finest Hours has an unnecessary 80m budget, and will probably open in the teens at best. I'd say it's practically going to flop at this point.

An unnecessary 80 million dollar budget?  How so?  Movies aren't cheap to make.  The look of the film tells me all I need to know about it.  80 million seems like a good budget for this type of film.

And I don't think this is going to bomb.  In fact I think it will do quite well.....it looks good to me, it's based on a true story and there's a lot of people who want to see it, at least in my cirlce of friends.

• Like 1

You guys do understand that theaters are closed in a lot of places on the east coast, right?  The storm is absolutely having an affect on the box office.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, setna said:

Then, all the predictions about the storm are Ok, let´s hope don´t affect to following weeks...cause 900 can be in danger for TFA

Nope.  900 is done and it will still probably finish at around 920-930

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You guys do understand that theaters are closed in a lot of places on the east coast, right?  The storm is absolutely having an affect on the box office.

Forgive me. I am not aware of the full extent of the snowstorm. I'm from the superhot side of the world. lol

• Like 2

Here's what the eastern US is dealing with, so you can see why the numbers are depressed

• 1/10th of a mile visibility in Baltimore on Saturday morning due to heavy snow.
  • Eight people dead nationwide (Six fatalities were in North Carolina, one in Virginia and one in Kentucky.)
  • 10 states declared states of emergency. They are: Georgia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Virginia and West Virginia. Washington has declared a "snow emergency."
  • 18-40 inches of snow possible in some areas, according to meteorologists.
  • 55 mph wind gusts possible in Norfolk, Virginia.
  • 989 traffic crashes and 793 disabled vehicles responded to by Virginia State Police as of late Friday night.
  • 9,290 flights were canceled from Friday through Sunday, according to FlightAware.com.
  • 159,162 customers in 13 states are without power because of the storm, according to various energy companies. More than 150,000 of them are in the Carolinas.
  • 33 million people are under blizzard warnings.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

Hmm... I want to see The 5th Wave. Just bought the book. Excited to read it. I don't understand why the film is doing so badly. Looks ok to me. But maybe it didn't follow the book so fans refused to see it?

I too have the book and it's okay so far.  It's not great but it's not bad either.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to be provocative here guys I understand the storms and stuff.

Avatar 1 month Friday $3,894,018

Edited by IronJimbo

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I too have the book and it's okay so far.  It's not great but it's not bad either.

The movie is bad. 

I saw nothing in the sky other then Venus. 

Edited by DeeCee