Travod

Oscars Discussion - Nominations in First Post - Red Carpet Time!

• Community Manager

Or No Country for Old Men? Or Slumdog Billionaire?!

I won't comment on No Country for Old Men, but Slumdog Millionaire is definably remembered by people. It pops up in pop culture a lot and if you bring it up in conversation, many people will remember it. Slumdog Millionaire made $140 million after all.

i'm sooo happy for jean dujardin, i love that guy :wub: , he's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: c'est incroyable !!

Me too! I thought for sure they'd give it to Clooney, but Dujardin was just so charming and held the entire movie on his shoulders. So happy to be wrong! And for once my two favorite movies of the bunch swept (Hugo and Artist). :D
  • Like 1

We haven't even seen this film, we don't even know if it'll be good. That's your fanboy side speaking.

In any event, I find it hard to believe that the Academy will ever nominate a film about Batman for Best Picture. If they do, it's a longshot to win. Edited by rb02

In any event, I find it hard to believe that the Academy will ever nominate a film about Batman for Best Picture. If they do, it's a longshot to win.

If it's TDK level (which will be very hard for it to be) it will get nominated under the new BP rules. If it's more Batman Begins level, which I'm expecting, then I agree it won't.

Well, important things first. Jessica Chastain was best dressed for sure. McQueen can be hard to pull off but she did it well. I almost wish she had worn the unmodified version but I don't know if she could have pulled it off and better safe than sorry. Runner up would be Amy Adams at the Vanity Fair after party. That's the best i've ever seen her look. No one looked horrible but my worst dressed would be Melissa McCarthy. Being a bigger girl is no excuse. Runner up would be Rooney Mara. Bitch, there's a person called a tailor who will alter your dress so it fits right. The Oscars are the big time, get yourself together.Now that I have the important things out of the way the telecast itself was a boring mess. The days of Billy Crystal being a good host have long gone. He was painfully unfunny. I really could have done with less of those taped actor segments. If Hollywood had it's head any more up it's own ass it would suffocate. Also how did they have time for a circus break and not have time for a performance of the nominated songs? I wanted Man or Muppet dammit. Also, is Emma Stone really supposed to be funny and likeable? I don't get it at all...For the actual awards I can't argue with them seeing as I haven't seen all the nominees. Hugo deserved technical awards but it sucks for Harry Potter. They could have thrown the dog a bone. I'm happy for The Artist even though I haven't seen it yet. I'm sure it's the kind of movie I would enjoy. So yeah, everything awards wise was predictable and hard to argue with.Angelina Jolie, you're doing too much. Put that leg away. There is no need to act desperate, you're A list. Also, eat a sandwich.