kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

2 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Oh, come on. Sure, TFA breaking $900M could have come as a surprise, but TFA being a rampaging gorilla devouring everything in its path should have been obvious from the moment they announced a date for it. 

We all did predicts for Chasmmi's Winter game in September and early October and the *lowest* predict anyone had was $450M. Most predicts were in the $640-700M range. I would hope the folks making their scheduling decisions have more experience and are privy to more inside information/analysis than we on this board are, so they should have had an even clearer picture of how monstrous it was going to be.

Yes, it was always going to be huge. In DECEMBER. After MJ2 had done the bulk of its business.

The fact that Star Wars completely ate all the entertainment news cycles for six weeks prior to its release was a surprise. Once that started happening, what the hell could Lionsgate do?

It's not just them, either. Disney themselves must have been caught by surprise by it as well, since they seemed perfectly content to let The Good Dinosaur stay in its slot where it crashed and burned.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Watch them greenlight another Sparks film, because Lionsgate is desperate.

I mean the Sparks movies can be pretty cheap and the return is probably decent

The big budget bombs are a more pressing concern

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

I mean the Sparks movies can be pretty cheap and the return is probably decent

The big budget bombs are a more pressing concern

Well The Best of Me flopped and The Choice will do even worse, and his movies have only been opening worse and worse, so, I don't think it's a wise-investment to greenlight a Sparks adaptation anymore. His brand is almost becoming box office poison at this point.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hail-caesar-super-862324

Ethan and Joel Coen's Hail, Caesar! and mash-up Pride and Prejudice and Zombies are locked in a Super Bowl battle of their own at the North American box office.

The two films are each pacing to earn around $3.5 million on Friday and $9 million to $10 million for the weekend, according to early Friday returns. That means Kung Fu Panda 3 will easily stay atop the chart in its second weekend with $21 million or more.

Lionsgate's The Choice looks to take in $6 million to $7 million, according to early Friday returns. However, the film could come in higher since it will skew heavily female.

1 minute ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Can't see how HC is only pacing for $3.5m with a solid 22% of sales on MT.

Just more evidence of the presses antipathy towards Jewish filmmakers. When will the Jews be able to catch a break in Hollywood?

#Hollywoodsogoyim