WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

13 hours ago, Rth said:

thru the day tried remaining conservative well that went well :P

48m let's go!

time to jizz, shit, wet your pants  

Okay I went out last night and got back too drunk to even check the board and then I wake up to see this madness going on. I went through all the thread and I need to say that this is history in the making. This is the FIRST X-Men film that was able to tap into these characters full potential.

Spoiler

Hopefully this means that Deadpool has Bryan Singer's name on a golden ticket. 

13 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

If I had said Deadpool 4 day over BVS 3 day I would have probably been banned lol but now it's at least not crazy to suggest. Still perhaps unlikely but won't be TOO far off lol

I'm seriously thinking that while BvS will top the OW, it won't be far. But honestly, something tells me that Deadpool can even gross more than ALL the superhero films this year but Captain America: Civil War. And what I mean by that is that this weekend Deadpoolmania went fucking global and viral and crazy. At the bar I was literally EVERYONE was making plans to see it. Those who actually watched are praising like mad men, and when I say mad men it' stuff like "best superhero movie ever" stuff, and that's through my Facebook timeline all day since I wake up. This shit is just insane and trust me, Deadpool is just getting started. 

13 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I think we have a true phenom on our hands, the friday kept growing bigger and reception seems to be through the roof, the movie is very well received & liked.

So I don't think it will be that front loaded.

Sky s the limit honestly and yes Deadpool already beat Apocalypse & Dr Strange ( & maybe Suicide Squad), at least domestic.

I know for a fact that Deadpool is beating Apocalypse, Dr. Strange and yes, even Suicide Squad WORLDWIDE, even without China. 

12 hours ago, Poseidon said:

People want superheros. There's no fatigue. They just get sick of writers running out of ideas. And then GOTG and Deadpool came.

BUT THE SUPERHERO FATIG--

12 hours ago, chasmmi said:

I've quoted this before but today is a party and this is fucking great. 

11 hours ago, James said:

This should put any doubts of Suicide Squad opening under 150m to rest. That has much more hype than this. 

No. It doesn't. And I'd go as far as to say that it won't get even close. And I'm fucking stoked for Suicide Squad. 

11 hours ago, Baumer said:

So now this is where everybody starts going apeshit* for the box-office prospects of DC Comics. I don't think just because Deadpool blew up then automatically means that the other properties will too. First of all Deadpool had probably the best marketing campaign of any comic book film or any film for that matter for at least the last 10 years. They did an absolutely brilliant job. I'm sure Batman vs Superman will do incredibly well and I'm sure the Suicide Squad will do well. But just because this one blew up doesn't mean necessarily that the other ones will as well. We have learned time and time and time again that the success or failure of a similar movie doesn't always translate into the success or failure of other said movies.

What Mr. B said. 

10 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Deadpool is such a niche character. Probably only slightly more known than GOTG. Only reason I had heard of Deadpool was because of his slight appearance in X-Men Origins and because one of my good friends is a massive Deadpool fan.

Deadpool is not and never was a niche character like Guardians of the Galaxy. He is one of the most popular characters in comics, and it's literally THE superhero of the meme generation. Now in the other hand, Deadpool has ascended to A list status.

10 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha...OMG! Mind blowing stuff. Loving it. 48 million friday!! Who would have thought!  This is so destroying all of fox's xmen films and apocalypse boxoffice is gonna look shit in front of this. Will be fox's highest grossing movie domestically this year. No doubt about that. 

Deadpool 2

Deadpool 3

X force 

are all going to be greenlit on Monday morning.

@iJackSparrow:D Fox should open their eyes and realize that under Singer the xmen frachise is stagnated as far as boxoffice is concerned. Eventhough his films are good, they arent what fans really want. They ar not crowdpleasers at all.

9 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

9 hours ago, Jessie said:

I love how the majority of people on this thread expected low numbers then act like know it alls when it surprises making comments like "it's made this because of this, that and the other" when all the evidence pointed to a breakout a fortnight ago. Where were you guys then? We knew the marketing was amazing, we knew buzz was high, we knew the trailers were getting great reaction and we know regardless of what people say That CBMs are earning more than ever, yeah most people were still predicting in the 40-50m range, the same opening as mad Max. It didn't take a genius to work out this was more appealing and mire hyped than the likes of mad Max.

You tell 'em, Jessie!

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Nobody talks about Deadpool s director it s kinda both sad and hilarious.

A lot of people are talking about Tim Miller, are you nuts? This dude is this year's Colin Trevorrow. After the Apocalypse's demise, this guy has just become Fox Joss Whedon. Hopefully he'll be able to FINALLY make the X-Men universe as awesome as Deadpool is.

9 hours ago, CJohn said:

FOX had in their hands their biggest franchise ever and it only got greenlighted because a bunch of fanboys cried during years for it to happen.

Seriously, if someone has live reactions of FOX executives seeing the numbers getting bigger and bigger I pay big money for them. 

Deadpool isn't Fox biggest franchise. It's the first film of the X-Men franchise that WORKS as a true and bonafide blockbuster film, it's the first film that truly clicked with the audiences because it's actually staying truthful to the source material. There's a reason why these characters used to work so great in the comics before Marvel started boycotting them, Deadpool is just the tip of the iceberg. If Fox wants to get money out of X-Men Apocalypse, get Deadpool in the movie and go fully nuts meta: Deadpool breaks the fourth wall narrating the movie quipping his mouth off until it ends and Deadpool kills everyone saying that it's a shitty film and that the REAL X-Men film is coming soon. BANG. That's how you can make Apocalypse a runaway hit. 

8 hours ago, movieboner said:

Deadpool is officially bigger than Wolverine and X-Men.

Because people at Fox are trully asshats that can't see that done right, Wolverine and the X-Men could easily be bigger than either Marvel Studios or the DC films. 

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Even if you don't like Deadpool, studios realizing that you can keep an R rating and make more money than a castrated PG-13 version is a win for anyone over 16 yo.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping Marvel and Netflix bring the Defenders to the big screen simultaneously with the release in Netflix. Or maybe having a theatrical run before premiering in Netflix too. 

6 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I'm still shocked that Deadpool opened bigger than every X-Men movie. X-Men can't reach 250M but Deadpool will!

Bryan Singer's age of leeching the X-Men money is coming to an end. 

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

deadpool-the-marketing-of-the-merc-with-

Sorry I had too, this poster is too genius!

Deadpool is our el presidenta queen. 

46 minutes ago, Rth said:

Get ready to be blown

Get ready to be little sticky, little yellow, little brown take your pick or do a combo , just have a fresh pair

Watch this space

Something coming and its big

OMG IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN, ISN'T IT?

23 minutes ago, Baumer said:

My theater sold out Deadpool all day and all night.  I went to see it again today but had to settle for How to Be Single.  It was a good film and really funny.  But the theater was nuts, like Christmas busy.

My hometown theaters sold out these THREE days. This theater didn't sold out for three days not even for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It's that kind of fucking insane that it's happening. 

• Like 4

Just now, crazydom said:

If BvS disappoints, which I think is a serious possibility, Deadpool could outgross it domestically. Would that be the most insane thing in box office history?

Well, lot of people are saying BvS has been getting a shitty reception, so it won't surprise me either.