WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

But remember The Walking Dead also returns tomorrow with whats supposed to be an action packed premiere. The two properties definitely share the same audience. 

It's not a huge fight (like AOU dealt with) but it is a big deal to a lot of people (myself included). I don't think it drops that hard.

1_TrumpDebate_CNN.gif&op=noop

TWD won't have an effect

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

DP (taking a 3-day OW):

130 x 2.7 = 350

BVS:

170 x 2.3 = 400

I sincerely don't believe BvS is going to gross $170m 3 day. I'm thinking more like $150m-$160m 3 day. Deadpool has what we once called "the Avengers effect", meaning that it has and insanely high word of mouth. In the scenario of BvS being divisive like MoS, it could happen. Even if it isn't divisive, I feel quite conservative with the OW unlike you do. I think it might get a better multiplier and beat Deadpool, but Deadpool's 4 day and BvS 3 day will be close. 

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I do wonder if Deadpool can outgross Civil War now.

In this case, with the fear of people claiming FLAME WARS GRRR, I have to say that I don't see it happening. Buzz for Captain America: Civil War is there, proved by the Super Bowl ads and the reaction to them in social media. I feel that Disney is timing their marketing to go increasingly agressive in the second half of the month. This has Iron Man, Captain America AND Spider-Man. With all these factors and the Russo Brothers directing, the OW numbers that Tele sees for BvS I see it for CW, with a better multiplier. 

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

$43M Saturday, with the probablity of increasing tomorrow, puts this squarely in the territory of top 3 biggest box office shockers I have ever personally witnessed. 

It's my biggest. And the first time that I got a right breakout prediction. :lol:

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

That just makes it more impressive, it's only in 3,500 theaters and it's going to have the 7th highest grossing CBM OW

Fox isn't known for having too wide of films, the studio that does that is WB, which goes crazzzzzy sometimes!

Well something interesting I brought up a few pages ago is that every film to be number one this year is either Fox, Disney or Universal (had it not been for Ride Along 2 it be either Fox or Disney) and it looks to remain like that-the film that looks to knock out Deadpool is Zootopia, made by Disney.

Expect to see a lot out of this weekend from now on, though recent past openers also showed this is a lucrative weekend, but DP is making this look like May or July.

Wouldn't be surprised if something like Wonder Women moved out of summer to here. Before you know it, HAVING to be in summer will be played out.

• Like 1