WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh, yeah, right :lol: I forget that because the movie here is rated 14 :lol: 

It is? I have a friend of mine at that age who's interested in seeing the movie, that's a relief (we PT's are badasses, letting brutal, gorey, foul-mouthed movies for 14 year olds, no wonder our society is getting more fucked up by the day :lol:)

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

It is? I have a friend of mine at that age who's interested in seeing the movie, that's a relief (we PT's are badasses, letting brutal, gorey, foul-mouthed movies for 14 year olds, no wonder our society is getting more fucked up by the day :lol:)

Yes, it is rated 14 here (I guess you are Portuguese as well). Yup, our rating system is hilarious :lol: Almost everything gets away with a 14 rating :lol: 

Just now, CJohn said:

Yes, it is rated 14 here (I guess you are Portuguese as well). Yup, our rating system is hilarious :lol: Almost everything gets away with a 14 rating :lol: 

The US could learn something from you guys. By the time you're in high school basically everyone is mature enough for any movie.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The US could learn something from you guys. By the time you're in high school basically everyone is mature enough for any movie.

Kingsman got the same rating here as well. Carol and Revenant also got rated 14. Comedies always get a 14 as well (Sisters, How To Be Single, Fifty Shades of Black, Dirty Grandpa). 13 Hours and the Hateful Eight are those rare exceptions that got a 16.

Yeah, I've seen kids getting kicked out of the theater for trying to sneak into R-rated movies over the years. What's hilarious is that one time these kids came with their parents who were taking their smaller ones to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs while the teenage ones (who weren't 17 yet) were going to see Paranormal Activity and they wouldn't let them in because the parents were going to see something else. It didn't even matter that they were all essentially in the same place at the same time. LOL.

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yeah, I am. I'm from Alentejo side of things, right near Spanish border, if you care :lol

Doing the research, FIFTY SHADES OF GREY is rated 12 or above :rofl:

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, I've seen kids getting kicked out of the theater for trying to sneak into R-rated movies over the year. What's hilarious is that one time these kids came with their parents who were taking their smaller ones to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs while the teenage ones (who weren't 17 yet) were going to see Paranormal Activity and they wouldn't let them in because the parents were going to see something else. It didn't even matter that they were all essentially in the same place at the same time. LOL.

That is absurd, IMO. 

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I am. I'm from Alentejo side of things, right near Spanish border, if you care :lol

Doing the research, FIFTY SHADES OF GREY is rated 12 or above :rofl:

Fifty Shades of Grey was rated 16. 

I am from Barreiro (Margem Sul do Tejo).

Just now, RichWS said:

There's no theater around you that doesn't card?

There are theaters that don't card you? Unless there were two employees that didn't give a shit obviously.

I haven't been carded since 2003 but when I was a teenager, the theater closest to me sometimes wouldn't. I bought a ticket for Training Day when I was 15 without being carded yet exactly a year later, I was carded and turned away for Red Dragon. Two months before I turned 17.

What I'm saying is it wouldn't hurt to try. Or buy a Kung Fu Panda ticket and sneak in.